Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Viper Microtune or G5 Optix ME??

Old 02-09-2007, 10:11 PM

Default RE: Viper Microtune or G5 Optix ME??

ORIGINAL: atlasman

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

I'm in precisely the same quandry......I was also looking at the G5 sight, but from what I hear, it's better if you can slide the sight out away from the riser, like on the Viper.
That is the one thing I do like about the Viper over the G5. Is this feature just so you can get your sight ring fit perfectly in your peep or does it help with focus sort of like parallax in a rifle scope??
From what I am learning, and experiencing, it's a bit of both. You can indeed move it in or away so that your peep perfectly fits the housing. For me, I think it would help with the focus. My BIGGEST problem right now is my pin is so blurred out, I just can't center it. Moving it away some would help that......or at least I THINK it would.

Old 02-09-2007, 10:43 PM

I just ordered the Viper Sight.
Reasons:
-Three different choices for pin size
-micro tune
-you can add a light in two different places (on the dovetail orsight window)
-small sight window (easy to match peep to)

They also have the PRO2000, they appear to be about the same. I should have mine (MICROTune)in a week or two. I'll let you know how well it works.

Old 02-10-2007, 08:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: springcaller

I just ordered the Viper Sight.
Reasons:
-Three different choices for pin size
-micro tune
-you can add a light in two different places (on the dovetail orsight window)
-small sight window (easy to match peep to)

They also have the PRO2000, they appear to be about the same. I should have mine (MICROTune)in a week or two. I'll let you know how well it works.
They are nice looking sites. You don't happen to know the window size do you?
Old 02-10-2007, 12:21 PM

Sorry I don't, It looks to be about 2 to 2.25 inches. That is a guess so don't quote me on that.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: springcaller

Sorry I don't, It looks to be about 2 to 2.25 inches. That is a guess so don't quote me on that.
Thanks
Old 02-11-2007, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: atlasman

ORIGINAL: Mike from Texas

I don't have any experience with the G5 but I do have (2) of the Vipers and they are an excellent sight. The pins are very dim on the G5 sights I have looked at though and even though they bright, I replaced the factory fibers in my Viperwith Fitz fibers.

The pins are easy to change and if someone broke a pin onthe Viperthey were definitely doing something they shouldn't have been doing, they are very beefy stainless pins.
You saw the G5 in person and it was dim?

I wonder what the G5 would look like with a Fitz upgrade.
Yes, I looked at the G5 sights before purchasing the Viper because I was considering them.Again, I can't comment on what a Fiber upgrade would do for the G5 or if it can even be done. I really can't remember how the fibers are installed on them. On the Vipers it about a 5 minute job.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:17 AM

Talked to the guy at Viper today (nice guy). I think I am leaning towards the Microtune with a Fitz fiber upgrade. I am trying to decide if I want to go with .029 pins for the top 2 and .019 for the bottom 2 or .019 and .010. I also don't really want to have to take the sight off when I put my bow in the case.

I went to Gander Mountain the other day and all their G5 sights were gone........I asked the guy what was up and he said G5 pulled them in a recall but he didn't know what it was for.

Motown..........if you read this I checked out your Skylight sight and that thing is just plain cool.........do you knwo if it comes in Hardwoods HD??

The pins on that thing look like they are mechanically lit............amazing.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

One thing to keep in mind guys, that predator sight to my knowledge has very limitedmicro adjust features, the micro adjust function is only for the gang adjustment of the entire pin guard and all pins. Most of the time the fine adjustments that micro adjust is nice for is usually needed for pin by pin adjustments from 20, 30, etc yard marks. On the predator each pin must still be adjustedmanually in the same manner as an old school copper john, sword apex, etc.........just like every other sight on the market. It is a good sight according to what I have heard, but don't buy it because of "micro" adjust features. Sword gives you pretty much the same thing minus the gang micro adjust feature for a LOT less $$$.

I still think the new Copper John is the best sight on the market right now in that price range. Pin by pin micro adjust, adjustable sight bar, 2nd and 3rd axis adjust, micro gang adjust, wrapped and shielded fitz type quality fiber around the pin guard, adjustable sight bar, etc............I have absolutely no monetary connections with Copper Johnand still think their product this year is truly awesome and will be paying full price for mine to compete with.Plus you would be supporting a local company Atlas....they are all designed and manufactured in Auburn, NY in the old bowling alley next to the prison. Lancaster Archery will have their first batch of them in the next 2 weeks, you can order from their website www.lancasterarchery.com.

Old 02-22-2007, 11:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

I ordered a new Deadnuts2 4 pin Comp sight. Patiently waiting on it's arrival.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

I ordered a new Deadnuts2 4 pin Comp sight. Patiently waiting on it's arrival.
Awesome, who did you order from? I am waiting for my next paycheck and then both of my Sword Apex 3rd planes will go up for sale and I will be ordering 2x of the DN2 Comp sights, one in 6 pin, the other in 4 pin.

Quick Reply: Viper Microtune or G5 Optix ME??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.