Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Are you fond of this practice.

Old 02-09-2007, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Are you fond of this practice.

I have been to some camps where hunters will take antlers of small bucks which were legally taken by all means an throw away the antlers. I feel if you want meat take a doe, do not shoot a up an coming buck that is not but about a year an a half old. First time deer is an exception.

What are your opnions?
Old 02-09-2007, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Are you fond of this practice.

I personally agree w/ you, but many people feel differently
Old 02-09-2007, 06:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

cant eat the horns. some people could care less about antlers. less and less these days..but there are still guys out there like that. to some guys antlers are trophys..to some guys they are nothing. to each his own.

i display grouse fans from all the grouse ive killed. squirrel tails, hen turkey tails etc etc...stuff alot of guys would throw away. i dont look down on them for it. to some guys they dont care..certain things mean diffrent things to other people...diffrent strokes for diffrent folks. cant make everyone let a legal buck walk by just because youd like to see it next year or a couple years later.
Old 02-09-2007, 06:57 PM

Oh bouy!
Old 02-09-2007, 07:11 PM

I agree if you want meat shoot a doe... I think their meat tastes better anyways!
Old 02-09-2007, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

"...small bucks which were legally taken".As long as they were legally taken,to each his own-doesn't bother me a bit.JMO
Old 02-09-2007, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

OMG
Old 02-09-2007, 08:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Depends on the deer density.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:30 PM
Dominant Buck

I hunt for sport only now. Sometimes, I have/may make jerky and/or sausage. 20+ years ago I swear I wouldn't but today it's a different story. I have donated quite a few to hunters for the hungry. now, I've found another choice. My buck I shot, only for the contest, was donated to a carnivore preserve. He became cat food. Believe me they really appreciate it with the budget they run on. I'm still going after my monster and one day I will get him.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:15 PM

There is a big cat preserve near where I live as well but recently they had a little problem. A 100lb cougar escaped its pen and is running wild. Its been a month and a group of trackers still hasn't found it. (I'm not worried... I have a 20 dollar bet with my friend that they find it still on the property!)

Quick Reply: Are you fond of this practice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.