Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Testy... Maybe!

Old 02-07-2007, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Testy... Maybe!

Max,
Stupid questions are ok, as long as you don't mind stupid answers to go along with them.

I'm new here myself, but I've been a long time member of a handful of forums, and finally decided to try this place out since guys on Archerytalk refer to it alot.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:13 AM

ORIGINAL: Campo

Ive got no problem with the questions.
Its the people who dont search first that get my flames. They want the answer handed to them, they dont want to have to do any work for it.
Its like my students in many regards. If they encounter a problem, they just want the answer without the work. I dont give it to them until they have showed me they have exhausted their efforts. It makes the answer mean something to THEM, not me. Almost 90% of the time, they find the answer without my help.
Anyway, this place has gone wayyyyyyy downhill since I joined. Hence the reason I am moving on to another archery site.
I typically search through the postings prior to posting a question. If I find my question has already been posted and I don't feel like it was answered properly, thenI re-post. Also, I often like to get the responses from newer members.

There is no other archery site like this one. We all hope you reconsider moving on.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:20 AM

ORIGINAL: MDBUCKHUNTER

Its the people who dont search first that get my flames. They want the answer handed to them, they dont want to have to do any work for it.
Its like my students in many regards. If they encounter a problem, they just want the answer without the work. I dont give it to them until they have showed me they have exhausted their efforts. It makes the answer mean something to THEM, not me. Almost 90% of the time, they find the answer without my help.
Anyway, this place has gone wayyyyyyy downhill since I joined. Hence the reason I am moving on to another archery site.
I typically search through the postings prior to posting a question. If I find my question has already been posted and I don't feel like it was answered properly, thenI re-post. Also, I often like to get the responses from newer members.

There is no other archery site like this one. We all hope you reconsider moving on.
We [the members who have been around for 5+ years] all appreciate members who take the time to search before asking questions.

You are correct, there is no other archery site out there quite like this one, however, it is not what it used to be.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:40 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Germ

Try not to drag that one down ,LOL[8D]

Campo you can not go, you are just cranky because you gave up coffee
I will miss you[]
Me too.[][]
Old 02-07-2007, 11:48 AM

There are threads like this on every site you go to. This site, like any other is just a place to BS about something we commonly enjoy and wish to discuss. Nothing wrong with debate and disagreement, as long as the respect for others remains and is adhered to.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:55 AM
Dominant Buck

Campo....as the father of a 14 yr old.....I concur, wholeheartedly, with you. He'd ratherNOT know the answer......than to pick up a book and learn it, himself. It's a battle of mindset that I think we're seeing more and more of in today's youth. I love my son IMMENSELY.....but this entitlement mindset upsets me (& that's what it boils down to). I've always felt a sense of pride when I accomplished something, myself.

I know this has little to do with the original post, Campo....but to your student mention....it got me thinking.

Good luck.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ok Ok we've had a rough patch..Let's suck it up and move on. We still have very knowledgable people on board. We still have new members looking for a site to call home. Most of us spend a lot of time here so I guess we can sorta police our own ranks to make sure this site is all it could be and all it should be.

We can sit around whining and complaining or we can one by one, help rebuild.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:38 PM
Dominant Buck

GR8.

I love you.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

GR8.

I love you.
Ahhhhh I'll expect something on Valentines day..

We're Ok Jeff we might not agree all the time but we're civil about it..now! and that's all that can be asked!
Old 02-07-2007, 12:48 PM
Dominant Buck

You're not a thong guy, are you, GR8???

I agree. "You're an idiot" is an unintelligent man's rebuttal when he's expounded all of his factual and educated points.

Though we seldom TOTALLY agree.....MY BET is....you and I would be friends and could share camp, just fine. I, like you, enjoy a lively debate....and sometimes Ill take a position COMPLETELY opposite of where you might think I would stand.....JUST to see how it sounds from the other side.

It's debate. It's healthy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.