Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Cobra Sidewinder LX

Old 02-06-2007, 07:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Cobra Sidewinder LX

Alright guys I have had a change in my setup, from a Spot-Hogg Right On to a Cobra Sidewinder LX with the .19 pins and a 6" dovetail. Was this a good choice in your opinion? I like the Cobra better, especially with the dovetail. Whats your opinion?
Old 02-06-2007, 07:34 PM

Default RE: Cobra Sidewinder LX

That's one of the best sights out. Top notch. Cobra doesn't get enough attention, IMO...I guess that's because they're available in the mega marts.....But only the el cheap oh's....That Sidewinder was, BY FAR, our best selling sight last year.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

so good trade off?
Old 02-06-2007, 07:37 PM

You didn't hurt yourself any, but you were good w/ the Hogg, too. Either one is a good choice.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

You know.. I love my cobra sight. Really brite, durable, and easy to fine tune. But it has some problems.

I hunt Illinois where it gets cold. When it got below 30 degrees (which isn't that cold) I found my first flaw in the cobra sidewinder design. The fluorescent fiber optics broke very easily when they brushed against a tiny twig. And I am not the only one I know that has had this happen. Yes, I could get it fixed. But what if it happened one day and I couldn't hunt because of it. I will be switching sights this season!
Old 02-06-2007, 07:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

well the guy had a spot hogg and he was gonna put fitz in it and the fitz ended up being really brittle so he asked if i would rather have the cobra and i said SURE!! because i really like that sight and with the dovetail and 0.19" pins its that much better
Old 02-06-2007, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the Sidewinder on my Black Ice and love it. If I ever decide to go into 3D or anything, I may upgrade, but the Sidewinder fits the bill until then.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

well i plan on keeping it until I get another bow unless I come across a good deal before season but with the .19 pins and the 6" dovetail I like it alot
Old 02-06-2007, 07:53 PM

I have the Sidewinder LX on my Old Glory and I really like the sight, very bright and tough. There are several small problems I have found with it though, first, everything must be locked down with lock-tite as the screws can easily come loose and rattle. Also, the tuning knobs are a hit or miss with me, I find them useful but they can cause some headaches. I would like them to be more like the knobs on the TR sights where you didn't have to loosen a screw to turn them and then re-tighten the screw when done. Other than that I am very satisfied with the sight and I havn't had any problems with the fiber optics, I have drug the bow through some thick brush without any problems as well as having it in some very cold temps.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

i have the cobra sidewinder lx on my mathews LX.

put it on after being disappointed with my trophy ridge sight.

i love it so far. no complaints, although i will keep my eye on the fiber optics when it gets cold.

Quick Reply: Cobra Sidewinder LX

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.