Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Almost completed my new setup!!

Old 02-06-2007, 01:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Almost completed my new setup!!

Alright, I have almost got all of my setup in order, I am still unsure of which rest I am going to use for sure, I am gonna have about 2 or 3 to choose from. I also don't have my arrows yet either. So far here is what I have.

06' Ross CR334
Spott Hogg w/ Fitz Fibers
either APA, VBG ultimate fall away, or maybe a quad or TT. it just depends
Alpine Soft Loc quiver
S-Coil or Doinker 4"

I plan on getting some gibblet strings, and a custom wrist sling from a guy over on AT with the same colors as the strings. I am thinking orange and silver with bronze serving on the string. And orange and silver on the wrist sling. It should end up being a pretty sharp looking rig, what do you guysthink?
Old 02-06-2007, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Almost completed my new setup!!

sounds good post some pics when you got it all together

[/align]
Old 02-06-2007, 01:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

i will, itll probably be a few weeks before i get the bow and get everything on it
Old 02-06-2007, 02:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Cougars09

Alright, I have almost got all of my setup in order, I am still unsure of which rest I am going to use for sure, I am gonna have about 2 or 3 to choose from. I also don't have my arrows yet either. So far here is what I have.

06' Ross CR334
Spott Hogg w/ Fitz Fibers
either APA, VBG ultimate fall away, or maybe a quad or TT. it just depends
Alpine Soft Loc quiver
S-Coil or Doinker 4"

I plan on getting some gibblet strings, and a custom wrist sling from a guy over on AT with the same colors as the strings. I am thinking orange and silver with bronze serving on the string. And orange and silver on the wrist sling. It should end up being a pretty sharp looking rig, what do you guysthink?
Ok young Jedi it looks great. Why are you getting the gibbletstrings? ROSS comes with winners choice. After you wear it out and if you donot like it I can see going to another string. Do what you want, just letting you know.

I have been more than satisfied with WC, no serving seperation at all or stetching.
This is what I have

ROSS Cardiac

Arrows Carbon Express Hunter Selects 60-75 12 GPI
Viper MicroTune in AP to match my new Cardiac Camo(thx Rob-he pointed me to viper they rock)
Scott Release
Ultra Rest LD
Basic wrist strap
Moduler Stablizer from Sims

What I have, good luck cougs!!

Old 02-06-2007, 02:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

well i know the WC are nice and I am not talking as soon as i get my bow. I think I will get them as soon as I get enough money to do it. The reason I want to get some gibblets is because the add a little better "look" to the bow . I want her to look nice as well as shoot nice!!
Old 02-06-2007, 02:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

which stablizer do you think will work best? doinker or S Coil? I am gonna try both but which do you think is gonna work the best with noise reduction and so on?
Old 02-06-2007, 02:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

well i know the WC are nice and I am not talking as soon as i get my bow. I think I will get them as soon as I get enough money to do it. The reason I want to get some gibblets is because the add a little better "look" to the bow . I want her to look nice as well as shoot nice!!
[:'(] You're a ROSS shooter now, time to "cowboy up" cougs!!

Next thing you will want to put camo lace on the limbs[8D]
Old 02-06-2007, 02:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

haha I just want something on my first "nice" bow to set it apart from the rest of my friends and family's bows. Well after im done with everything and get the bibblet strings ill let you look at her and then tell me I should have kept the WC
Old 02-06-2007, 02:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

haha I just want something on my first "nice" bow to set it apart from the rest of my friends and family's bows. Well after im done with everything and get the bibblet strings ill let you look at her and then tell me I should have kept the WC
Cougs dip the thing in Hot pink paint, it is yours I have to rib you a little with your prett boy bow
Old 02-06-2007, 02:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

ill have you know that she will have black WC strings on her for the first month or more!! Then the gibblet strings will be orange and silver with bronze serving i believe

Quick Reply: Almost completed my new setup!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.