Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Muzzy Zero Effect Users

Old 02-05-2007, 07:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default Muzzy Zero Effect Users

What bow do you have it on?
What is your draw length and current arrow length?
Old 02-05-2007, 07:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Muzzy Zero Effect Users

I have a MZE on my Diamond Black Ice.

draw 28" arrows cut to 27.5"

Other bows I have had the MZE Patriot SC, Patriot DC, Bowtech Pro40, Bowtech Black Knight, Diamond Victory DC, Diamond Victory SC and Bowtech Justice. All bows where at 28" draw and arrows cut to 27.5"
Old 02-05-2007, 07:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ausie .... how far do your arrows stick out past the rest?
Old 02-05-2007, 07:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Have not really taken that much notice to how far they are in front of the pick up arm but will take a rough guess and say 2" I will be doing some more shooting tomorrow so I will take close notice or get my buddy to measure
Old 02-05-2007, 07:55 PM
Fork Horn

I ask this question because I have it on my 06 Bowtech Tomkat w/ a draw length of 27" and my arrows where cut to 25.5". I'm just seeing what everyone's difference between their draw length and arrow length is. I'm looking at ordering some new arrows and don't really know what to get them cut at.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mert .... I'm a little confused .... does the 25.5" arrows work with that setup?

Old 02-05-2007, 08:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

As you can tell from Aussie's reply, there's several of us that like the MZE a lot. I had one on my Tribute I recently sold, and am about to put one on my '06 Allegiance, and will have one on my '07 Black Ice, Guardian and Allegiance as well... so that's four of them I'll have on my current crop of bows.

You'll get different views on arrow length... Probably 95% of people will tell you to simply cut the shaft off in order to leave at least an inch sticking out past your rest. I just got through watching George Ryals' tuning DVD and he goes through an extensive process of figuring out where the "node" is on the arrow, and that determines where the shaft should be cut; it really has nothing to do with how much sticks out past the rest for him.

There's also the issue of shaft length affecting the arrow's spine to consider as well. Obviously, the shorter you cut the shaft, the stiffer you make the spine.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

Greg, I've been waiting on your reply to this thread. Your kudo's thread has me very interested in this rest, that's if I'm in the market for a new bow...lol Been eyeing that Ross Cardiac.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:26 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

Mert .... I'm a little confused .... does the 25.5" arrows work with that setup?
PreacherTony,
It does work....however there is very very little of the arrow on the side of the rest at full draw. I ordered the bow package from huntersfriend.com and they sent me Easton Lightspeed 400s w/85gr. tip cut at 25.5" I not sure if they needed to be longer or not.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

As you can tell from Aussie's reply, there's several of us that like the MZE a lot. I had one on my Tribute I recently sold, and am about to put one on my '06 Allegiance, and will have one on my '07 Black Ice, Guardian and Allegiance as well... so that's four of them I'll have on my current crop of bows.

You'll get different views on arrow length... Probably 95% of people will tell you to simply cut the shaft off in order to leave at least an inch sticking out past your rest. I just got through watching George Ryals' tuning DVD and he goes through an extensive process of figuring out where the "node" is on the arrow, and that determines where the shaft should be cut; it really has nothing to do with how much sticks out past the rest for him.

There's also the issue of shaft length affecting the arrow's spine to consider as well. Obviously, the shorter you cut the shaft, the stiffer you make the spine.
Ok Greg .... please give info .... I will be spending a lot of money on 12 arrows very soon and the only thing that has held me back is I am not sure of what length arrow to order ..... I will be shooting 70# @ 27.5" with a Muzzy zero effect. (I purchased this after your report and took back my NAP that I had bought)

Quick Reply: Muzzy Zero Effect Users

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.