Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Iowa considers Contraceptive?

Old 02-06-2007, 10:06 AM

Default RE: Iowa considers Contraceptive?

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

I respect your right to live in fear of the anti-hunting propaganda, I just don't buy it. My right to my opinion, Right?
There is a difference between living in fear and doing what you can out of responsibility to our sport in a whole. If it all crashes down one day, you won't have to say .... "man, I never saw it coming" IMO
When a discussion is concluded with "right to my opinion" means that someone has run out of facts. Right now contraception is not economically feasible, but when it is it will be chosen over sharpshooters and over bow hunters in and near cities.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:09 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Germ

Alright HCH I will come to Iowa and shoot a couple city doe's and a buck

Wait is it hunting or shooting, lol
LOL Germ, these ar eopen to residents only I believe. MOTOWN says the one he went on was like shooting monkeys in a bbl. Probably shooting to answer your question.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:23 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Slim Pickins

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

I respect your right to live in fear of the anti-hunting propaganda, I just don't buy it. My right to my opinion, Right?
There is a difference between living in fear and doing what you can out of responsibility to our sport in a whole. If it all crashes down one day, you won't have to say .... "man, I never saw it coming" IMO
When a discussion is concluded with "right to my opinion" means that someone has run out of facts. Right now contraception is not economically feasible, but when it is it will be chosen over sharpshooters and over bow hunters in and near cities.
I disagree. We will not see eye to eye on this Slim, we didn't in the politically correct thread, and we are at it again. Same issues ands stances on both of our sides. You fear losing hunting rights to antis and contraceptives, and I say that the state and taxpayers would rather make money then spend it. There is already a plan that is working, not costing any tax dollars, and bringing billions of dollars to the state and the economy; it is called HUNTING. I am doneposting onthis thread.

Old 02-06-2007, 10:31 AM

just like the political thread you don't understand or read my remarks.
My remarks state that cities are chosing sharpshooters and contraception over bow hunters.
I do not think that the contraception will take the place of hunting. But ever town that hires
sharpshooters proves that your opinion about "money talks" is just plain wrong.

I guess you could also say that everytime they hire someone to kill deer then someone else has lost the right
to hunt.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:33 AM
Dominant Buck

Before you see this, More days to hunt will be opened, more area will open up with rules like if it's not posted you can bow hunt and limits will go way up.

I right now can shoot how many I want without checking them in first. More and more places are opening up. It's only a matter of time the rest follows. Contraceptives will never be implemented.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

I would like to offer a very good read to all of you. It really will open some of your opinion and eyes. It's called Heart and Blood Living with Deer in America by Richard Nelson. I promise, you will enjoy it.

What some of you are arguing has taken place in areas like Angle Island near Los Angelas and Fire Island I believe NY right? I'm rereading it now. It's truly eye opening through views of the author and hunting living through the eyes of Politics, Anti's, Biologist and Non hunters. If you get a chance, read it.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:38 AM

you could be right, but it is going to take an organized movement from a ton of hunters to get this moving in the right direction. There are a bunch of opportunities we just need to take them. We(hunters) need to push on every issue. We should be present to oppose all sharpshooters and be vocal about our stance. If we are not vocal and choose not to get involved then our opportunities will shrink
Old 02-06-2007, 11:00 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Germ

Alright HCH I will come to Iowa and shoot a couple city doe's and a buck

Wait is it hunting or shooting, lol
The urban hunt regulations that I am familiar with (Cedar Rapids and Coralville) a hunter has to shoot 10 does before getting an anysex tag. With those restricitions, I'd rather spend the rut hunting somewhere else. Luckily the doe total carries over to the next season (I think).

I have heard that when you start whacking does, they wise up plenty fast and it can be just as challenging of a rural hunt. So I'm leaning towards hunting over shooting.

Old 02-06-2007, 11:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Fieldmouse

Before you see this, More days to hunt will be opened, more area will open up with rules like if it's not posted you can bow hunt and limits will go way up.

I right now can shoot how many I want without checking them in first. More and more places are opening up. It's only a matter of time the rest follows. Contraceptives will never be implemented.
Field, where you live it's that way, where I live, it is not. I want you guys to picture the liberal states, already using sharpshooters AND not extending bag limits and season dates. Now, down the road, hunting as we know it may, and I repeat, may become illegal. Ok, so now you have thousands of peeps that want to hunt from NY,MA, etc. Guess what will happen? The states that allow hunting as we know it now will have rich people buying up land in YOUR state so they can sponsor out of towners that can't hunt in their state.

Dan, it is the private corporations that will be making the money and feeding the state with hunting revenue ...

I know this is a stretch, but do you really think that it can't happen?

Just a thought ...
Old 02-06-2007, 11:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Slim Pickins

you could be right, but it is going to take an organized movement from a ton of hunters to get this moving in the right direction. There are a bunch of opportunities we just need to take them. We(hunters) need to push on every issue. We should be present to oppose all sharpshooters and be vocal about our stance. If we are not vocal and choose not to get involved then our opportunities will shrink
Good preaching Slim! A hearty AMEN to that!

Quick Reply: Iowa considers Contraceptive?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.