Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Does shooting w/ a quiver on affect your shooting?

Old 02-05-2007, 06:01 PM

Default RE: Does shooting w/ a quiver on affect your shooting?

I never noticed a difference shooting with one. Like you, I just didn't like the added weight so I took it off.

I shot the same with it on and with it off.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:15 PM

I always used the Mathews stationary, never affected my shooting.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here is my intersting opinion. I haven't really had it affect my shooting at all, personally I don't really like it. BUT if I'm still hunting or doing the spot and stalk of the western US, I refuse to have a giant detachable quiver on my bow. I have two quivers and generally use the detachable one if I'm hunting whitetails.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:33 PM
Site Buck Guru

Haven't shot with a quiver on my bow for over 13 years. I mostly hunt tree stands and ground blinds. Don't have to be that quick.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

mobow, I've never seen the difference when shooting with one on or off.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:54 PM
Fork Horn

I take my quiver off every time I get into the tree, just because its one more thing to make a little extra noise with vibration and what not..
Old 02-05-2007, 07:58 PM

It may cause a little more weight or cant to one side and effect accuracy a little bit but the reason I don't like it is the noise. The quikie I have works great for how I use it, basically as a arrow holder but its pretty noisy when shot on the bow.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:03 PM

OK, thanks all. Guess I'll go ahead and get one.The sight I use is causing the trouble. The StarTrack has a thumb tab used to slide the pin....Anyway, with a detachable quiver on, I can't get to the thumb tab. The only way it will work is a 2 piece. I carried my detachable with me everywhere I went this year, and to be honest, it was a royal pain in the buttinsky. Yeah, I know what you are thinking....Just take it off when I get to the tree.......And I tell you that would be the logical thing to do, except I don't have adaptors long enough. The quiver bracket won't attach because of the thumb tab.

I also like the cosmetics of a 2 piece. I think they add a little fuego to the set up, if you catch my drift. I am however open to suggestions. I'm not a bit fan of the hip quivers....
Old 02-05-2007, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, the quiver affects me and I absolutely hate having one. I have the mount on the bow but it is used only when the bow is being towed up the tree. All other times it is hanging on the tree, or attached to my waist strap on my backpack. I will have to post pics of this rig because it really is the slickest thing I have seen for a hunting quiver setup, I made it from a kwikee 4 arrow setup and a few extra brackets.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:09 PM

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr
I am however open to suggestions. I'm not a bit fan of the hip quivers....

Buy a new sight.

Quick Reply: Does shooting w/ a quiver on affect your shooting?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.