Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

SC Hog "Hunting"

Old 02-05-2007, 08:33 AM
Dominant Buck

Default SC Hog "Hunting"

Maybe have a chance to go on a SC hog hunt. Just wondering....for you guys who have done this.....is this likely a spot and stalk type thing or is there another way to hunt them???

It's a great price for 3 days.....and we have a group that's pretty interested. Is it "hunting" or "shooting"?....lol

Thanks, in advance, for your response(s).
Old 02-05-2007, 09:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: SC Hog "Hunting"

Yes I did one in Tenn., if you take your bow I suggest you learn how to climb a tree

I did a stalk on one, it was pretty fun. I hit him right in the boiler maker, he made a noise that was god aweful. Than he got pissed and came after me, I ran like a scared little kid, LOL. I threw the Hoyt I was shooting(UltraTec) and took off. I climb a tree and waited for the beast to die. I double lunged the pig and it took 10 min for him to die. They are one tough animal.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:07 AM
Dominant Buck

The place we're looking at has a "spot and stalk" option. Their brochure says it's not for the "faint of heart".....lol.

I think I'm game.....I'm back on the treadmill! I think If the idea is to sneak up, unseen.....I might wear running shoes! I'm also wondering how much fun it would be to get this on film!
Old 02-05-2007, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Germ, he just wanted to spoon you!! Maybe he was just to forward....
Old 02-05-2007, 12:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thats funny Germ, im betting you scremed like a little girl [8D][8D]all BS aside sounds like fun.
ORIGINAL: Germ

Yes I did one in Tenn., if you take your bow I suggest you learn how to climb a tree

I did a stalk on one, it was pretty fun. I hit him right in the boiler maker, he made a noise that was god aweful. Than he got pissed and came after me, I ran like a scared little kid, LOL. I threw the Hoyt I was shooting(UltraTec) and took off. I climb a tree and waited for the beast to die. I double lunged the pig and it took 10 min for him to die. They are one tough animal.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good idea on the treadmill thing, my buddy did one in Tenn. The outfitter ran em with dogs and he said it was tough keeping up because there was nasty hilly terrain. He scored a nice hog in some very thick stuff, barley squeezing an arrow thru the brush. He said he felt like he had just ran a marathon. Good luck with yours.
ORIGINAL: GMMAT

The place we're looking at has a "spot and stalk" option. Their brochure says it's not for the "faint of heart".....lol.

I think I'm game.....I'm back on the treadmill! I think If the idea is to sneak up, unseen.....I might wear running shoes! I'm also wondering how much fun it would be to get this on film!
Old 02-05-2007, 12:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: HuntingEd

Germ, he just wanted to spoon you!! Maybe he was just to forward....
Ed as an expert in the art of spooning, I can tell you he did not want too. I think he wanted to stick those 2'' tusk up my arse, LOL

GMMAT when they snapped their Tusk together, and look at you, RUN VERY VERY FAST, LOL
Old 02-05-2007, 12:49 PM
Dominant Buck

Run and fastis acontradiction of terms in my book, Germ.Nobody could ever understand how I stole bases in college....when ittakes me 2 hours to watch 60 minutes.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:10 PM

Gmmat where are you going and how much is it going to cost?
Old 02-05-2007, 01:20 PM
Dominant Buck

I'm not sure where......but it's in the range of $300 for 2.5 days. A bunch of guys I shoot 3D with are getting it together. I'll know more, after tonight.

Quick Reply: SC Hog "Hunting"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.