Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

One of my best days of my life!

Old 02-04-2007, 07:58 PM
Dominant Buck

Default One of my best days of my life!

For those of you who have kids, I'm sure you can understand or soon will. For others, I hope you get the opportunity. I have just signed up my daughter (13) and son (10) for their first hunter safety course. My son already could pass but he will still learn many new things. My daughter I hope will follow through with interest to duck hunt maybe one day bow hunt. I'm just proud to finally be able to take this step towards supplying mynext generation of bow hunters.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:05 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: One of my best days of my life!

It's an awesome feeling to have children that want to share your passions. I have 4 daughters, 3 of which are bowhunters ages 16, 13 and 12. The 3 year old is not far off the path herself. Take her in the woods and she will show you every deer track she can find.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:18 PM

Awsome! I am looking forward to sharing the great outdoors with my son, and he's only 3 weeks old!
Old 02-04-2007, 08:24 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats to you Fieldmouse! I'm sure it's a proud day for you. But as you know...just because somone goes through drivers training classes, doesn't mean that they know how to drive. It's through yourself and others to put your kids on the right path of being responsible sportsman and sportwomen of the woods!!! I have no doubt that there could be a better man for your kids! Teach them well.

Pat
Old 02-04-2007, 09:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great deal, I wish that were happening a lot more today.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

I agree dwd, congrats Fieldmouse, like was said above, they have a great teacher.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cool! When my daughter was 11, we took the course together. I couldnt find my certificate from 20 years ago, and they wouldnt take my out of state licences as proof. She did great, loved the course, but since decided she doesn't want to hunt. Oh well... At least she comes fishing with me now and again. She's 15 now.
Old 02-04-2007, 10:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looking forward to the day myself. My son is 3 and I bought him a toy bow a few months ago. There was no rest on it andthe arrow has to be nocked much like our grown up bows. Anyway, his 3yr old hand eye/ dexterity couldn't even nock an arrow at first but eventually he was able to hit paper plates at 5 yards. I have a good feeling he might have a knack for archery.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have not only had the pleasure of seeing my own take the course, I got to see 3 of my Grandchildren take it this year! Congrat's Fieldmouse.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:10 AM
Bartender

Congrats fieldmouse, I am taking my son Feb 12th to wisconsin rapids for grade school archery championships.
His first time as well should be cool

Quick Reply: One of my best days of my life!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.