Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ultra Rest Cold weather Performance

Old 02-04-2007, 01:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Ultra Rest Cold weather Performance

Well -4 degrees, with a wind chill of OMG it is cold and my Ultra Rest had zero issues.

Shot 3D today it was travel league, only reason I shot.

Old 02-04-2007, 01:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Ultra Rest Cold weather Performance

BBbbrrrr, and good news.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

good to hear, im gonna have to find me a good lh drop away.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:04 PM
Dominant Buck

Question:... why would you think there would be any "Issues" with a drop away because of cold weather. Springs and rope. I don't know of any drop away I would expect problems in cold weather unless you mistreat them or oil them all up or something.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:10 PM

If you use a drop away with a rope and it gets wet then freezes wouldn't that cause an issue possibly?
Old 02-04-2007, 02:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

davidmil,

yes now that I think of it there would be no reason for it to sieze up or anything. This was my first thought also and its why I stayed away from them but now i realize how much you can gain by using them and now they have full containment drop aways. There really is no reason not to use them except for maybe price but WB's are just as expensive.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:34 PM

just got my Ultra Rest the other day and i hope to shoot it today sometime. its cold and snowing here so i have to try it out. So far i like this rest because of the full containment.

Question for ya germ what model of the Ultra Rest did ya buy. I have the Hunter series.

Mitch
Old 02-04-2007, 02:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: davidmil

Question:... why would you think there would be any "Issues" with a drop away because of cold weather. Springs and rope. I don't know of any drop away I would expect problems in cold weather unless you mistreat them or oil them all up or something.
Dave there has been issue when this rest firwt came out, would not drop fast enough when it got really cold. Just to let folks know the newer one's are good.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thats coooooold, it was 9 degrees this morning here. Your rest performed good, how did you do??
Old 02-04-2007, 02:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

Thats coooooold, it was 9 degrees this morning here. Your rest performed good, how did you do??
Well when I am load with gear and a big hat I shoot about 4 inches to right. I do not use a peep and my left hand sits on my ear. Well becasue my anchor is pushed out it bit I shot ot the right. I shot OK, I cleaned the sceond half, the first was not so good[:@]

Quick Reply: Ultra Rest Cold weather Performance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.