Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

16 pointer!!!!!! Good news, bad news.

Old 02-03-2007, 10:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default 16 pointer!!!!!! Good news, bad news.

The good news 1st, I arrowed the largest buck that I have ever seen today. The bad news, I had hit him in the spine right between the shoulders so he hit the ground hard and the whole right side of his rack fell off his head. He then thrashed on the ground for about 30 seconds and knocked off the left side of his rack. I went from being estatic to total disbelief. He was a typical 10 point with with a 6 inch drop time on the right side, double brow tines and3 - 1 inch kickers and from the game camera pictures he looked to be 22 to 24 inches wide. At the check station they figured his net score to be just a little over 170 with a 22 inch spread. I will try to post the game camera pictures and the pictures of him after the kill tomorrow.

Old 02-03-2007, 10:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 16 pointer!!!!!! Good news, bad news.

heck i wouldnt worry about the rack being knocked off, it can be put back the way it way for they mount!!

Congrats on the kill!!
Old 02-03-2007, 10:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations!! I am sure the taxidermist can fix your mount.

It sounds like a monster if it nets over 170 w/ a drop tine and double brows, those are some big deductions. I dont think P & Y will allow a buck thats antlers have fallen off, oh well, still a trophy.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

taxi can fix it for a mount but if its a p&y or booner i dont think it can be eligable for the book because exact spread can only be guessed. any way sounds like a bruiser, post some pics and be proud. congrats
Old 02-04-2007, 02:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Cougars09

heck i wouldnt worry about the rack being knocked off, it can be put back the way it way for they mount!!

Congrats on the kill!!
Yeah no kidding. No matter what he's a trophy. You were put to the test and took him down. CONGRATULATIONS on the harvest! Can't wait to see the pics.
Old 02-04-2007, 03:13 AM
Site Buck Guru

Wow! That is good news & bad news. We all know that the deer is probably one of those "trophy of a lifetime" buck, but P&Y and B&C require that the antlers and the skull plate must be intact. I shot a deer once that when it fell to the ground its antlers fell off. It wasn't a trophy like yours though. I registered it as an antlerless because it had no "horns" connected. I'd have it mounted with the antlers put back on and be proud as heck of it. A deer like that demands respect, whether it is entered in the book or not. I guess that can be a problem when shooting deer at this time of year. Where is it from?

Congradulations on a great deer.
Old 02-04-2007, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am not sure but I think it can be scored in the sheds column, I know that does make you feel better but you still have the antlers at least an the success.
Old 02-04-2007, 07:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

long .... Congrats on the buck of a lifetime!!! Don't even worry about the rack falling off ... just like others said, the taxi will put it right. Awesome job!!!
Old 02-04-2007, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

WOW!!!!!
Old 02-04-2007, 08:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

CONGRAT'S ON YOUR BUCK ,AND YES DON'T WORRY A TAXI CAN FIX THAT "NO PROBLEM", YOU'LL NEVER KNOW THAT IT FELL OFF .

NUBO

Quick Reply: 16 pointer!!!!!! Good news, bad news.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.