Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Confidence + concentration = success

Old 02-03-2007, 10:34 PM

Default RE: Confidence + concentration = success

ORIGINAL: dwd2001

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

So........... Are you saying I shouldn't be texting my buddy on the next ridge over? [8D]
OK OKI will fess up..... I am guilty of this at times myself

Oh yeah, I'll be the first to admit that I'm not 100% involved 100% of the time. Certainly when I'm in my climber, feet propped up sun partly on my face... mmmm yes.
And people still don't understand why we do this. I can't think of anything more relaxing.
Old 02-04-2007, 12:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

My daughter figured the bowhunting and concentration thing out pretty quick.See how deeply she is concentrating.

Old 02-04-2007, 12:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Looks like a beautiful day to take a nap in that photo T, suns shining and all
Old 02-04-2007, 12:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

This was her first ever bowhunt in September this year and yes it was just about a perfect day.Hanging on the side of a tree with one of my kids.PRICELESS.
Old 02-04-2007, 12:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hay TFOX, looks like she has that concentration thing down pretty good, I'm still working on it Cuz when I concentrate that hard, and open my eyes, my chin is on my chest and I have drooled on myself.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

great post buckeye, thanks for the reminder.
Old 02-04-2007, 03:31 AM
Site Buck Guru

Confidence and a positive outlook are probably the most important aspects of bowhunting. If you have neither, you'll probably will yourself out of seeing any game.
Old 02-04-2007, 05:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

When I hunt in Alberta, where they count deer by the square mile instead of square acre, it's the "confidence" in myself and in the area I'm hunting that keeps me on stand from dark to dark. I know that at ANY time the Giant of a lifetime my offer me an opp for a shot.
Old 02-04-2007, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

no sleeping, no texting, whats next. I know what you are saying, ifI go a whole day sitting on a stand without seeing a deer. I start to question my stand location. I have to remind myself all the scoutingI have done is the reason I am setting here in this tree, so I just need to be patient. I will say thisif I set the next morning ando not see anything by noon or so an the sign does not look like it has been freshen. I will look for the evening hunt. I sometimes find they have moved a little farther down the creek or to the other side of the cutover. Why, maybe they saw me or the hot does is moving somewhere else. I know the places to look where I hunt so I don't have to stomp around in the woods a lot. I hate to even go here but, I feel this topic we aretalking aboutis what you call hunting an not shooting.
Old 02-04-2007, 07:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

One word.

No-Doze!

Quick Reply: Confidence + concentration = success

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.