Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
I'm the boss; it goes anywhere I want
48.03%
I can display my mount in the house but only certain rooms
48.03%
"I" choose to dispay it out of guests view
1.32%
I am not even allowed to have it in the house
2.63%
Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

Anyone not "allowed" to hang a mount in the house?

Old 02-03-2007, 05:56 PM
Site Buck Guru

Default RE: Anyone not "allowed" to hang a mount in the house?

ORIGINAL: davidmil

What do you think.[&:]

I was given one corner of the basement.[8D][8D][8D]
davidmil,
I have a friend that has shot 21 to 24 P&Ys, I learned a lot from this guy. He never enters them in the book and only has 5 shoulder mounts. Me and another buddy kept urging this guy to get 3 of them mounted, so he did. Man, are they gnarly! The rest of his racks are just cuttoff skull plates, hanging from nails on the walls of his garage! Most of the time when people go to his house for the first time, they almost crap their drawers when they see over 20 "deer of a lifetime" hanging out in the garage with the mice!

On the other hand, I mount almost every mature buck that I kill. I keep them in my rec room in the basement. My choice. If the taxi ever finishes the mounts that I gave him, it will total 15 shoulder mounts of mine, 2 for my son and 1 for the GF. I also have 24 plaque mounted racks. Actually, I've got the racks from every buck I've killed. And a whole mount turkey.

To each his own. Most people think that what I do is extreme, but they're not me. Besides, I have just 1 son and he better have a pretty understanding GF or wife because I'm going to keep mounting the big ones I get! Somebody is going to inherit those bad boys and I'll be sitting where ever I go, laughing like crazy![:-]
Old 02-03-2007, 08:01 PM
Typical Buck

My house is 100yrs old and it just wouldn't look good in any of the rooms.So I finished my basement just to have a place to hang my deer.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:18 PM
Fork Horn

I'm lucky. My wife "gave"me the basement. I did the "just one more" line for a couple of mounts and then I shot a 236 inch nontypical that people came from everywhere to see. Katy barred the door. The basement is mine! It is a shrine to bowhunting, ALMOST embarrassing.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:34 PM
Dominant Buck

shot a 236 inch nontypical
Any pictures?
Old 02-03-2007, 08:50 PM

A happy marriage is based on compromise. When we were on the honey moon she said no guns in her house and no dead animals, since my bedroom at my parents house had one wall covered with squirrel skins and deer hides and such. I now have a sentry gun safe next to my night stand and she has been requesting I shoot a doe and have it mounted to face my eight point on the wall! Give and take, I have two guinea pigs and a cat in my house that I some how seem to enjoy now.[&:]
Old 02-03-2007, 09:26 PM

The poll results are about as I predicted. Seems like we have a lot of guys here that are .

Old 02-03-2007, 10:02 PM

My wife has walls picked out for the next mounts, including hers.
Old 02-03-2007, 10:15 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

We keep our headmounts, horn mountsanda few sheds in the hunting room/office. Wife can live with that. Wife said she would leave me if I ever brought a skull in the house.Not much of a fan for skull mounts so it hardly matters but like to razz her once and a while about doing it.

Tim
Old 02-03-2007, 10:17 PM

I didn't vote because my answer is not up there. My wife would never say a word about anything hunting related because she knows it is something I love and if I love it that is all that matters to her. I have 3 skulls, a couple racks I shuffle around and 1 shoulder mount in my living room.......the rest is scattered in other rooms randomly.........my wife has plenty of stuff of hers all over the place as well. That's what makes it OUR house. I have always thought that if you have to change who you are for someone to love you........they don't really love you.

My wife showed me a stuffed animal dog the other day she spent $125 on............I wouldn't spend that on a stuffed animal in a million years but who cares??........it wasn't for me and she was smiling from ear to ear.
Old 02-03-2007, 10:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh man, I'm not married so they go where ever I want them. But when it happens, hopefully we can respect each others feelings.

Quick Reply: Anyone not "allowed" to hang a mount in the house?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.