Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Changing mind about the Vectrix already... need affirmation

Old 02-02-2007, 09:14 PM

Default Changing mind about the Vectrix already... need affirmation

No worries die-hard Hoyt fans, the"new woman" is another Hoyt.

I checked out the Vectrix yesterday and was very pleasedwith it. Today I do some reading on her cousin the Vulcan and now I think I'm in love,as inhead over heels.It resembles my Cybertec which I love so dearly and is 9fps faster than the Vectrix to boot.It'llprobably shoot 30fps faster than my Cybertec and have a smoother draw cycle on top of that. Talk about having yourcake and eating it too!

The links below pretty much just rave about the Vulcan.To summaries,itdiscusseshowthe Vulcan's6" brace height is every bit as forgiving as the Vectrix's 7" at the same time maintaining near identical vibration suppression and shot quality. So... would you consider the Vulcan a good move? Just tying to get a milti-dimensional view.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=443770&highlight=vulcan

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=443704&highlight=vulcan
Old 02-02-2007, 09:22 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Changing mind about the Vectrix already... need affirmation

The Vectix is a great bow. I shot it for a couple days along with the Guardian. Pick either or the Commander and you won't be disappointed.
Old 02-02-2007, 09:47 PM
Banned

Which draw cycle do you like the best? I prefer a nice draw cycle over a couple of ftpersec myself.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

The Vectrix will outshoot the Vulcan by far.Go for the forgiveness and trash the speed.Trust me,neither you nor the deer will be able to tell the difference.

9 fps,that and 50 cents will get you a cup of coffee.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:28 PM

ORIGINAL: TFOX

The Vectrix will outshoot the Vulcan by far.Go for the forgiveness and trash the speed.
Just wondering TFOX, have you gotten a chance to shoot both these bows yet? If so, what are your findings? The reason I ask is because a few guys in the linked discussions abovehave actually shot them side by side and arrived at the same conclusion that there's little difference between the two bows. I myself haven't gotten my hands on a Vulcan yet. From reading the links above though, the reports come in with near identical performance and draw cycle. Honestly, I'm more in love with the look of the Vulcan than anything else. The performance reports are just the cherry on top.

Have a look at the links and see if you think it's just guys exaggerating their Vulcans. Then again, some of those guys own both the Vulcan and the Vectrix and still gave correlating reports.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:51 PM
Dominant Buck

You can't just say Vectix in my opinion. The Vectrix and the Vectrix XL give you two different bows with different limitations. If I were a die hard had to have a Hoyt it would be the XL, but that's me. If I were ordering today it would be a Bowtech Guardian. But you know, either will do the trick and I wouldn't be disappointed one bit.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Draw cycle has NOTHING to do with shootability.The reason the draw cycleis the same is because they have the same cam.[]

High reflex along with a short brace will makethe Vulcan a much less forgiving bow.

No, I have not shot the Vulcan but the goemetry does not lie.I have shot enough bows and know enough about them to knowI like a deflex riser with 8" brace.I compromise a little for a hunting bow because that isn't necessary for poking holes in deer but 6" brace will never be on my list.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:27 PM
Dominant Buck

But those of us that are perfect don't worry about forgiveness.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Judging from the blue undies,you need plenty of forgiveness.
Old 02-03-2007, 05:42 AM

That Vulcan is a sweet bow as well. In fact, I ALMOST wish I would have gotten one over my Vectrix....TFOX is right in that it's not quite as forgiving due to brace height and speed, but it's alot more forgiving than you would think.

Either one would be a great choice....Shoot them both and decide from there.

Quick Reply: Changing mind about the Vectrix already... need affirmation

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.