Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many put wraps on your hunting arrows?

Old 02-02-2007, 05:16 PM
Banned

Default How many put wraps on your hunting arrows?

I do asI like the custom look to the arrow and it provides better adhesion for my vanes. Tricks them out and gives them a custom look. Easier to see in flight for me too and impact on the animal. What about you; you use them, why do you use them and why don't you use them?
Old 02-02-2007, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How many put wraps on your hunting arrows?

Never have but im going to start.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:25 PM
Fork Horn

I used to crest mine but haven't in years. Some of the wraps look pretty cool though.

MC
Old 02-02-2007, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TeeJay

Same here, I'm going to refleth this spring w/ blazers, but I cant decide whether I want the Rebel flag or the American flag.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Zdeerslayer

Same here, I'm going to refleth this spring w/ blazers, but I cant decide whether I want the Rebel flag or the American flag.

something isnt right here.....a new yorker with rebel flags
Old 02-02-2007, 05:54 PM

ORIGINAL: Zdeerslayer

Well, which are you? A Rebel or an American?

I've used them for several years now. I like the way they look, mainly. The fact that it makes my arrow easier for me to see/find is nice too.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

I tried them but they are a pain to remove when you have to re-vane. I don't know, maybe I'll try them again.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Rickmur

I tried them but they are a pain to remove when you have to re-vane. I don't know, maybe I'll try them again.
Hate to post twice, but I thought I'd throw this tip out.

When you're wanting to remove/replace a wrap on your arrow, heat the end of the arrow with the wrap up. You can either hold it over a hot burner on your stove or heat it with a hair dryer. They come off very easy this way.

Old 02-02-2007, 06:03 PM
Typical Buck

I have been using wraps for about 4 years now. I liked the idea of being able to see arrow flight a little better and the chance of being able to see the point of impact a little better, especially in lower light conditions. Most of all though, I just think they really look coooooool!!
I have a few different designs I use. I have always used a 2 orange and 1 white vane orientation on my arrows. I used to use the orange/ white fade. Now I have some that are an orange with white ( almost a silver) print of lightning all around it. My new ones, and my favorites, are a half white , half orange flame job. The back half is white with the front half orange flames. It is the type of flames from the great old days when the muscle cars were flamed. They are really cool.
Then I have a few very special arrows with wraps that were made and given to me from an HNI member here, PA Hardwoods. A few years ago one of my hunting buddies wife was killed when her car was broadsided by a semi truck. She was 32 years old. I wanted to do something really special for my buddy besides the standard blanket, plaques , statuettes etc that people give. So I got the idea to find someone to make some very special arrow wraps, the buy him a dozen Gold Tips and wrap and fletch them for him. I had remembered that someone on here made wraps, so I started a post asking if anyone knew who it was and what I wanted. PA Hardwoods replied. I told him what I had in mind and asked if he could make some custom wraps. Well, he sure did. He sent me 3 or 4 different designs. Then he sent me a couple dozen of the ones I picked out. He wouldn't take a dime for it. Then he sent me some wraps for me to use. The wraps for my buddy were great. They were white / green fade. On the white part they had a really cool deer head, and then the message "Her name... My Wife... In my heart forever." Man they were cool. When I took them over and gave them to him and his young son and daughter, they were blown away. There were alot of tears that night, but they really made them happy. He said that he didn't know if he could use them or not because they were so nice. I asked that he at least get one deer with one of them. And he did, he got a buck that season with it. It was cool. thast was such a cool thing that PA Hardwoods did. To give of his time and materials to a total stranger for nothing in return. That was really a neat thing.
Sorry that I kind of got windy there. Just wanted to share that story about the arrow wraps.
So yeah, I use wraps and like them. I guess that is all I had to say in the first place. Sorry about that!
Old 02-02-2007, 06:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Don't use wraps... I like something that looks a bit more custom

Read to your heart's content

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1399868&mpage=1

Quick Reply: How many put wraps on your hunting arrows?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.