Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Allegiance & other Bowtech Shooters

Old 02-02-2007, 06:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Allegiance & other Bowtech Shooters

Has anyone had to replace the rubber grommet on the draw stop at the top cam?

If so are factory replacements available or what did you use?

Mine is stretched badly and will fall off any day.

Also, if you shoot off the string what type of cushion do you use. I think I need a harder type rubber. My bow eats those things..I can go through 1 a week.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Allegiance & other Bowtech Shooters

Yes on my Pro 40 this happen. I wrapped moleskin aroundit, then slid the rubber piece over top the moleskin. I used a little glue also.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:16 AM

you could use some shrink wrap.heated carefully of course
Old 02-02-2007, 10:29 AM

I went to the local hardware store and picked up about 10 O-rings for under a dollar. Works great.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Gr8, mine hasn't worn off on my draw stop yet, I have 100's of shots since last spring. I did go through the factory string suppressors and replaced them with Leeches. I shoot a loops so I can't help you there. In the past tho I used the cushions but can't recall wearing one of those out.

Old 02-02-2007, 11:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Gr8, mine hasn't worn off on my draw stop yet, I have 100's of shots since last spring. I did go through the factory string suppressors and replaced them with Leeches. I shoot a loops so I can't help you there. In the past tho I used the cushions but can't recall wearing one of those out.
Yeah my factory string supressors are gone too. Haven't replaced them yet but i'm probably gonna go with the fuse.

The cushions split and fling off after shot.

I shoot in 2 leagues so that's 120 shots a week plus practice so I fling plenty of arrows.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:49 PM

I shoot a loop so I can't help you on the cushion but I did shoot off the string on my old bow for over a year with no problems. Is your nock being pinched too much maybe?

Anyways, I just checked my 03 Patriot and the draw stop rubber coating is still in fine shape. Looks like a bunch of stuff could be used but I would just ask at the shop...........they might have some laying around.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

this may just be me but isnt 33" ata almost too short to be shooting off the string? it seems like it would be pinching too much, why not try a short short loop. I know i shoot better with a loop
Old 02-02-2007, 02:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Cougars09

this may just be me but isnt 33" ata almost too short to be shooting off the string? it seems like it would be pinching too much, why not try a short short loop. I know i shoot better with a loop
I have shot a loop in the past. It seems they had there own issues too. My last one had stretched and before you know it my scores were nose diving. The small stretch that occurs is almost imperceivable and over time bad habits are taking place to compensate without the shooter even being fully aware that it is happening.

The original cushions were fine they lasted over a year. But these new softer ones (so-called improved) just don't last for me. I thought maybe one of the equipment gurus knew of a "harder" one.