Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The subjective nature of what is considered "hunting" vs "shooting"

Old 02-02-2007, 12:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: The subjective nature of what is considered "hunting" vs "shooting"

What the heck, i'll bite! Man this quote thing is a pain to figure out! I'll give ya credit for that Atlas..you have that part down.

ORIGINAL: atlasman

No, I would never agree to a blanket statement like that!

I wasn't making a "blanket statement".

you did when you asked for consensus agreement

Not much effort..is the "hunt" then diminished to "shooting"? By your (or the concensus') opinion?

I thought you didn't like blanket statements?? Read the thread. I summed up what everyone else has said already. I have yet to state my opinion either way
Note the " " your words not mine.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunting for me is defined by how I do it. Hunting for a man in Texas/Fla/IA (insert any other region)is probably defined byhow he does it............. although it is probably a lot different than the way I go about things.

There are tactics and methodsthat I would not do simply because I like the way I do it best, not because the otherguy is wrong.That's why it's so enjoyable to me.

It's my way on my time. I only have to be within the rule of law and I have to please nobody but myself in regards to if I sit or stalk; hunt over a feeder or open timber;use a gun or a bow; shoot a spike or a yearlingor a mature buck. It's my choice and that's what makes ALL of "HUNTING" great for me.

I also like to learn and try out new things each year and that's the reason I am on here.

Old 02-02-2007, 12:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Don't know. Don't care. Not listening.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:33 PM

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

you did when you asked for consensus agreement
How's that??..........we can debate each and every little detail one by one I guess if you REALLY think people care about chain link, biologic, golf courses, weapons, and bait. Seems like a waste of time to me when we could just focus on what bothers people about all those (because it is all the same) instead of discussing meaningless tangible products.

Note the " " your words not mine.
Not following you...........yes I have used the words "hunting" and "shooting" but I have not offered by opinion on either.........yet your comment addressed "my" opinion. I think you should read the thread. I was summarizing what has been said up until now to save people from having to read 8 pages to catch up.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:42 PM

ORIGINAL: HuntinGUS

Hunting for me is defined by how I do it. Hunting for a man in Texas/Fla/IA (insert any other region)is probably defined byhow he does it............. although it is probably a lot different than the way I go about things.

There are tactics and methodsthat I would not do simply because I like the way I do it best, not because the otherguy is wrong.That's why it's so enjoyable to me.

It's my way on my time. I only have to be within the rule of law and I have to please nobody but myself in regards to if I sit or stalk; hunt over a feeder or open timber;use a gun or a bow; shoot a spike or a yearlingor a mature buck. It's my choice and that's what makes ALL of "HUNTING" great for me.

I also like to learn and try out new things each year and that's the reason I am on here.
I have yet to see anyone imply that one way or the other is "right" or "wrong". The very title of the thread states that this is a subjective opinion and what some view as nothing more then "shooting".......others consider "hunting" and vice versa.

The simple fact is that in many threads lately I have seen comments like "They aren't "hunting"........or "That's more "shooting" then "hunting". These comments can be found in just about EVERY thread that mentions fences, bait, food plots, outfitters, long range rifles, drives, "guaranteed" kills etc. My question was where do YOU draw the line?.......I believe the answer to that question is VERY subjective and many things can be involved in forming that opinion.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hunting, shooting, hunting, shooting, hmmmmmmmm
Old 02-02-2007, 01:01 PM

ORIGINAL: Germ

Cool smiley........you guys have the same haircut.

Do you view everything as "hunting" germ?.........if not where do you draw the line?
Old 02-02-2007, 01:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

Do you view everything as "hunting" germ?.........if not where do you draw the line?
To much pondering, really does not matter what people do Atlas or what they call it.

Maybe one day we will learn respect each other and how they choose to enjoy the outdoors.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:27 PM
Banned

To much pondering, really does not matter what people do Atlas or what they call it.

Maybe one day we will learn respect what each other and how they choose to enjoy the outdoors.
I agree, well said. Just like camo and brands that we like. Don't put down another persons camo and then when he disagrees with you, put a bounty out on his head; makes one look childish.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Oh yeah

[/align][/align][/align]

Quick Reply: The subjective nature of what is considered "hunting" vs "shooting"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.