Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Form problem.

Old 02-01-2007, 05:06 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Form problem.

Correct it now before it turns into a full blown case of target panic. Shoot some blind bales and do the draw, sight and let down suggested earlier in this thread. Hold on the target 6-8 seconds and let down. Any shot should be fired within 8 seconds or you should let down.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:10 PM

Thanks david. I just wanted to add that i shoot pretty well most of the time. Just every once in a while i will not settle on the target. I will try what you guys suggested to see if that helps. I got all summer to fix this.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

You should trigger the release with a nice steady squeeze, not a quick jab at the trigger. I squeeze and pull with my back muscles all at once which sets the release off. I also have a thumb trigger for target. By setting the trigger firmly, it enables you to squeeze the trigger a bit and take the play out of it and then pull through the shot with your back muscles. It takes awhile to get used to, but once it is ingrained into your head, you will love it.

Shane
Old 02-01-2007, 05:32 PM

ORIGINAL: Cougars09

nope your doomed, you have to completely give up archery

on a serious note, i dont know [8D]
i agree better give all hunting that might happen with a rifle to
Old 02-01-2007, 05:54 PM

yea right... Bow hunting is my drug that im addicted to.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:55 AM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: davidmil

Correct it now before it turns into a full blown case of target panic. Shoot some blind bales and do the draw, sight and let down suggested earlier in this thread. Hold on the target 6-8 seconds and let down. Any shot should be fired within 8 seconds or you should let down.
This is the best advice on the entire thread. Any time you raise over or drop under the target and then release, sounds like the beginning of target panic. Take corrective action as soon as possible.

BTW, your sig says you don't give advice![:-]
Old 02-02-2007, 06:03 AM
Dominant Buck

That's because I have the T Shirt Greg, you know the one that says, "Been there Done that". Happened to me about 5 years ago. I shot blind bales in my garageand NO targets everyday for 2 months straight. It does get boring shooting at 6 feet with your eyes closed for 40 arrows a day for two months.[&:][&:] I still shoot blind at times just to get the feel back.