Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many BOW turkey hunters we gonna see this year?

Old 02-01-2007, 01:23 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: How many BOW turkey hunters we gonna see this year?

OK....I'm In.

NC law.....turkey and deer seasons never cross paths.....so if you're after a turkey in NC.....that's all you're after. I know a BUNCH of people who've taken turkeys with the bow.....but I don't personally know ANYONE who's taken one when that's the quarry they were after. I live near the VA border....and a bunch of guys shoot 'em while deer hunting from a treestand. I've never even known anyone here to get one with the bow while TURKEY hunting.

I also know that different folks do different things across the country. I'm just stating what a feat it is HERE to get one with the bow. I can't speak for others....and I'm neither diminishing nor commenting directly on your successes. I'm stating what its like.....HERE.

We're going after them with the bow, this year. period. I've got a bunch of 'em......a great place (or places) to hunt.....and a great attitude.

Looking forward to it, Rob.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:31 PM
Banned

The only way we hunt turkeys is with a bow. Hunt here in iA and then down to MO to hunt with our pro staffers MOM/SWD and her husband Ron on their beautiful land.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:39 PM
Dominant Buck

Ahhhhhh......Home.......

Old 02-01-2007, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll get one with the gun first and then try with a bow. It's only my second season.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:46 PM
Site Buck Guru

This spring I will be leaving my new gun at home. I've decided to hunt spring turkeys with a bow and fall turkeys with a gun. I hunt them differently in the fall and the gun is really cool. 11-87 3 1/2" supermag.[:-]
Old 02-01-2007, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here in Oklahoma, (at least in my county) you're allowed two toms. I plan on using my ultra mag for the first one and then trying to connect on one with my bow.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:49 PM
Typical Buck

GMMAT and ROBPA FYI it is illegal to take a turkey from an elevated tree stand in the state of WI.

GMMAT while you don't know me you can now say you know of someone who has went out with the sole purpose of taking a turkey witha bow. I would never take a turkey while deer hunting in the fear of spooking deer.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:50 PM
Dominant Buck

It's more fun to say I don't know anyone....lol

I don't even claim Germ in this discussion...
Old 02-01-2007, 01:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

So whose season is first. Again, KS is April 1st for opener for Bow Only, any states sooner than that?

We'll have to pin a turkey/bow harvest thread to the top for pictures....pictures are a must.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't get out last year "ONCE". Will this year. I have Bowhunted them 6 years with a BOW ONLY. ONE dead Jake the 2nd year. 6 missed in the following years. No, I don't think I am a bad shot-just when they see anything out of the ordinarry-they are OFF,runnin or flyin.
It "IS" a blast for sure. Good Luck...

Quick Reply: How many BOW turkey hunters we gonna see this year?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.