Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do bowhunter really hate other hunter that much?

Old 01-31-2007, 11:00 AM

Default Do bowhunter really hate other hunter that much?

Do bowhunter really hate other hunters that much? I know other hunterscomes along and chase away the game, what is the right etiquette?
Old 01-31-2007, 11:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Do bowhunter really hate other hunter that much?

I have nothing but love for all my hunting brothers and sisters
Old 01-31-2007, 11:17 AM

No. Hunters dont hate each other. If you are hunting public land, and someone walks up on the area you are hunting that is just something you have to deal with. They have every right to be there as you do, so nothing can really be said. I hunt a lot of public land and we usually try to tell others where we are hunting so they know there is a hunter in that area, and they will probably try another place.You can't hate soemone for hunting as long as they are obeying the law. Now on the other hand if it is private property and they come through your spot, then they need to be approached and told they are not supposed to be there. In that situation I think there is probably going to be more of a problem.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't... I hunt every way and every chance I get...
I support all "sportsman"
Old 01-31-2007, 11:23 AM
Dominant Buck

The people I have problems with.....I wouldn't call "hunters".
Old 01-31-2007, 11:35 AM

I only hate on individual players not the game!
Old 01-31-2007, 11:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

The people I have problems with.....I wouldn't call "hunters".
Couldn't have said it better.

A lot of anger does exist though. It mostly comes from hunters who use other weapons that somehow feel they are unfairly excluded from participating in archery seasons. At a game commission public input meeting I went to recently, one fella was complaining and saying he should be allowed to use a handgun in bow season because it's effective range was the same as a compound.

I guess they do it because they are jealous and it's easier to bitch about it and play the victim rather than to buy and learn to use a bow proficiently. And they get really upset when bowhunters band together to protect the integrity of archery seasons and say NO!

But that kind of thing the drawback of having weapon-exclusive seasons, I suppose. Human nature.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:40 AM

I do not think they hate hunters in general but sometimes being over protective of a spot or area can creep up on you with out realizing it. Often I see it is the methods that get hated the most. Do a search on Crossbows in the regular Bowhunting forum and you can feel and see the love right away.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:41 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: chaivsnichol

Do bowhunter really hate other hunters that much? I know other hunterscomes along and chase away the game, what is the right etiquette?
the only problem I have is with those dadgone hmong people

Everyone else in the world is equal.

Old 01-31-2007, 11:47 AM
Site Bouncer

I think (and I know I will get flamed for this) bowhunters as a whole are a bunch of elitist and self absorbed hunters that think their way of hunting is the hardest and therefore are the "best hunters" if you will. And they show alot of animosity to other hunters.

One only needs to look at this very forum andat the replies regarding this sort of comparison (gun hunter vs bow hunter)

Sadly it seems (at least to me) that most who are like this only bowhunt, maybe they pick up a rifle or shotgun during the gun season but haven't hunted with other types of weapons and other types of quary. If they had then they would realize just how wrong thay are about other hunters and their hunting abilities.

There are many here that don't fit into that catagory but there are even more who do.

My .02

Quick Reply: Do bowhunter really hate other hunter that much?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.