Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do bowhunter really hate other hunter that much?

Old 03-03-2007, 10:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Do bowhunter really hate other hunter that much?

ORIGINAL: early in

This is a rather selfdestructive thread for sure.[:@] There are many weapons and techniques we use to persue our quarry, some I agree with and some I don't, but we share a common intrest and we need to respect others as long as they abide by the laws-fair chase.
I also want to say that I think "bowhunters" are the most well informed, intelligent, openminded, curtious, considerate, loving, friendly and easy going group of individuals that walk the face of this earth.
LMBO .... great post Jeff!!!
Old 03-03-2007, 10:46 AM

I find rifle and archery both challenging. For me shooting an elk/deer at 30 yards with a bw is just as difficult as cracking it at 300 with the rifle. Both require alot of practice and composure. As for stragtegy it is about the same in my area because bow hunters are given the advantage in seasons here. We start hunting elk and deer with the bow in august when the elk and bucks are dumber than a sack of hammers. Biggest deer i see all year are last week in Aug wandering around in a field with full vevlet. I have hunted rifle elk when i was a kid and only connected once. I have been 100% my last 5 years with the bow. We are able to hunt them while they are dumb dumb dumb. Once the rut hits they get spooked up and go heavily nocturnal so rifle hunting is actually more difficult. We get 3 weeks of bow elk, 2 weeks of rifle and bulls only. Archery moose runs right in the rut, rifle is a week later. I really can't decide which is better so i do both lol.
Old 03-03-2007, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

chaivsnichol...all Godz chillin got ta eat and sit at da same tablecome judgement
Old 03-03-2007, 05:22 PM
Fork Horn

i have nothing against other types of hunters, most hunters probably do both bow and gun