Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do bowhunter really hate other hunter that much?

Old 02-01-2007, 11:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Do bowhunter really hate other hunter that much?

Personally I think this is a useless thread showing diversity in our ranks, shame on some of you.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

This one's about halfway to hell......
I could take it all the rest of the way there soooo easy... but, since I'm a traditionalist and there wouldn't be any challenge to it..... I'll leave it to one of you compounders to finish it off.

Old 02-01-2007, 03:42 PM
Site Bouncer

Again, this is just what I was saying, to make a blanket statement that "gun hunting is easier than bow hunting" is simply not true. Now before anyone throws a hissy I will admit that an average joe blow with a sluggun and a 60 yard shot is easy and there is a lot of that happening during the gun season,butthat's NOT what I'm talking about.

What about a 300yd rifle shot? think it's easy....think again. Having done both I would rather take a 40yd bow shot than that any day! How about a 40yd off hand shot with an iron sighted 4 5/8 barrel six gun? Think thats easy?....Think again! Having done both I can very much tell you that the pistol shot is WAY more difficult.

Thank you (some of you)for verifying my thoughts about this subject. NowI can add, that I feelbowhunters (for the most part)are narrow minded too.[:@]
Old 03-02-2007, 09:27 PM

I don't care what you hunt with or who you are just as long as you do it responsible and ethically
Old 03-02-2007, 10:21 PM
Typical Buck

I don't "hate" any other hunters, no matter their choice of weapons or gear, as long as they are abiding by the laws. What I do have a problem with is people who go to forums, register with an alias name and make odd posts that make you wonder what their agenda is.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:27 PM
Super Moderator

hank you (some of you) for verifying my thoughts about this subject. Now I can add, that I feel bowhunters (for the most part) are narrow minded too.
I've read all of these posts and cannot come to the same conclusion. Its clear your mind was made up after post 1.

If I were strictly a gun hunter I would be lobbying for a longer season. If I wanted to hunt with a crossbow and my state didn't allow it I would be lobbying for a crossbow season, likewise the season to be included into the archery season. Its all about individual agendas and where each hunter stands, not about bowhunters only. We as hunters now enjoy more liberal bag limits on deer and longer seasons then ever and it still seems thats not enough for some. Then a thread like this comes along..........makes me wonder who its really about?
Old 03-03-2007, 06:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with Coug ... I think there is not a point to this post

I am wondering why it was brought back from over a month ago????[:'(]
Old 03-03-2007, 07:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

I don't "hate" any other hunters, no matter their choice of weapons or gear, as long as they are abiding by the laws. What I do have a problem with is people who go to forums, register with an alias name and make odd posts that make you wonder what their agenda is.
Ditto! I have to agree! As long as they hunt regardless of choice they are welcomed with me.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:56 AM

I think we gotta just accept what weapon other people hunt with, and not say anything more about it. Bickering over what is easier or harder, even if itisgenerally true in your eyes, gets us nowhere and just stirs the pot and allows the division to continue. The same goes for scoffing at one group of hunters for allegedlyinstigating most of the bickering, even if you feel it is true. Bickering about bickering? I hope I'm not doing the same thing lol.Making generalizations will offend many and cause more problems.Some gun hunters think bowhunting is unethical because it produces too many wounded animals, some bowhunters think gun hunting is too easy, some traditional bowhunters think compound bows are too easy or ruin archery, some compound bowhunters think traditional bowhunters produce too many wounded animals and don't take them seriously, some bowhunters despise crossbows, some traditional muzzleloader hunters think inlines undermine muzzleloading. Those are just a fraction of the conflicts there are. It really p|$$es me off. This is exactly what the anti hunters want us to do.I love hunting and will do it every chance I get, no matter what the weapon. We are all hunters, all out there because we love the outdoors and the experience, and we all have a commonenemy that wants us gone. Can't we all just get along?
Old 03-03-2007, 10:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

This is a rather selfdestructive thread for sure.[:@] There are many weapons and techniques we use to persue our quarry, some I agree with and some I don't, but we share a common intrest and we need to respect others as long as they abide by the laws-fair chase.
I also want to say that I think "bowhunters" are the most well informed, intelligent, openminded, curtious, considerate, loving, friendly and easy going group of individuals that walk the face of this earth.

Quick Reply: Do bowhunter really hate other hunter that much?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.