Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do bowhunter really hate other hunter that much?

Old 01-31-2007, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Do bowhunter really hate other hunter that much?

I made a decision to bowhunt only a long time ago. I don't have anything against gun hunting it's just not for me.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Germ

I have nothing but love for all my hunting brothers and sisters
Well said! Same here just not as sappy.

Keep in mind Germs pay check is connected with other hunters love of the sport. Also keep in mind that doesn't mean he isn't genuine about his love for others. Just for the record though, he does hail from Mich i gan.JK
Old 01-31-2007, 02:41 PM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

In New York, just mention a crossbow and the NY Bowhunter Assocation see's blood, thats why there not allowed in NY State. These folks are bad news for any hunter.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:03 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

ORIGINAL: yajsab

> the only problem I have is with those dadgone hmong people

Really!! Why don't you explain your reason here?
I'm afraid the original poster of this replyhas made a racial slur based on the actions of ONE individual in Wisconsin. I, for one, am sorry you had to read this slanderous act of profiling on our (all of our)board.

He did make the smiley face so maybe it was just a joke gone extremely bad.

A doesn't mean anything. A "racial slur" is a racial slur! And I'm not profiling your board. I am a gun/bow hunter myself, and I respect everyone in here.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

In New York, just mention a crossbow and the NY Bowhunter Assocation see's blood, thats why there not allowed in NY State. These folks are bad news for any hunter.
Not ANY hunter. Just those who feel somehow entitled to use their crossbows in bow season.

Old 01-31-2007, 03:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

I'm glad some are seeing what I was trying to say... believe me I love the bowhunting community and alot are very good people and hunters, it just turns my guts when I read posts about how gun hunters don't have a clue and bowhunting this and bowhunting that...bla..bla..bla

Your right TJF, it does not do us any favors and I might add, shines a bad light on hunting in general.
One thing you guys are missing is the relative YOUTHFULLNESS on this forum. Go look at that poll that ran a week or so back on the age breakdown of the forum's membership. A huge number of these guys are teenagers, probably a lot more of them than there are of us in the over-fifty crowd.

It's great that there are so many young people in bowhunting, and I love it. On the other hand, many of them haven't developed a few things yet. Experience, certainly. An inoffensive way of expressing a conflicting opinion, most definitely. Maturity too, maybe?

Then there are those who recently discovered bowhunting and, for them, nothing else is worth doing. You know how annoying someone who just quit smoking can be? It can be the same for a former gun hunter who has completely fallen in love with bowhunting.

To tell the truth, I think anyone who comes on these forums, takes what is said too seriously, and tries to use it to paint a picture of ALL bowhunters in general, isn't being too darn bright. What kind of view you develop about bowhunting from a forum is very much dependent on the demographics of that particular forum.
Arthur ... well said! If I look outside of this forum, which is the only way you can really know people, IMO, I think most sportsmen have each others back. It's hard to tell attitude from reading words. Also, it is easy to puff your chest out or be someone different, when you exist, for the most part, as bits and bytes.

To quote Jeff .....I'm just sayin'

Old 01-31-2007, 04:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Me two Germ, can we get a group hug here?[8D]
Dan
ORIGINAL: Germ

I have nothing but love for all my hunting brothers and sisters
Old 01-31-2007, 04:23 PM
Fork Horn

No.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

please!!!
ORIGINAL: NY Harvester

No.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im with BigJ12 on this as well.Elitist attitudes make me crazy! I don't care how people choose to hunt as long as it is within the law.I know and respect some awfully good rifle hunters whose skills are as good as any bowhunter.I hope they never take up bowhunting! You have to practice all the time,what if the darn thing wont stand still when you are shooting at them,you could fall out of a tree.Hey I am only looking out for their well being!

Quick Reply: Do bowhunter really hate other hunter that much?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.