Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do bowhunter really hate other hunter that much?

Old 01-31-2007, 01:11 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Do bowhunter really hate other hunter that much?

> the only problem I have is with those dadgone hmong people

Really!! Why don't you explain your reason here?
Old 01-31-2007, 01:12 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: TJF

ORIGINAL: BigJ12

I think (and I know I will get flamed for this) bowhunters as a whole are a bunch of elitist and self absorbed hunters that think their way of hunting is the hardest and therefore are the "best hunters" if you will. And they show alot of animosity to other hunters.

One only needs to look at this very forum andat the replies regarding this sort of comparison (gun hunter vs bow hunter)

Sadly it seems (at least to me) that most who are like this only bowhunt, maybe they pick up a rifle or shotgun during the gun season but haven't hunted with other types of weapons and other types of quary. If they had then they would realize just how wrong thay are about other hunters and their hunting abilities.

There are many here that don't fit into that catagory but there are even more who do.

My .02
Very good post. I agree. A few seem to think their way is the only way and have no experience at all with the many different methods of hunting/trapping... yetspew garbageabout something they know nothing about. Sad as it doesn't do us any favors and just divides us even more.

Tim
I'm gladsome are seeing what I was trying to say... believe me I love the bowhunting community and alot are very good people and hunters, it just turns my guts when I read posts about how gun hunters don't have a clue and bowhunting this and bowhunting that...bla..bla..bla

Your right TJF, it does not do us any favors and I might add, shines a bad light on hunting in general.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:17 PM
Dominant Buck

Well......there also comes a time when telling the truth shouldn't be misconstrued as slander towards a group of people. If there's more crime, for instance, committed by women....than men.....then I don't see the harm in telling the truth about women.

Ithink you know where i'm headed....so I'll leave it at that.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:46 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Well......there also comes a time when telling the truth shouldn't be misconstrued as slander towards a group of people. If there's more crime, for instance, committed by women....than men.....then I don't see the harm in telling the truth about women.

Ithink you know where i'm headed....so I'll leave it at that.
I hear ya Jeff, but I think that has more to do with numbers and not percentages. I think it's far easier to be a slob bow hunter than slob gun hunter. I know lots of gun hunters that have no clue about their weapon, how it works, where to aim, what distances are ethical, yet every year they kill deer.

I have seen (and known) bow hunters who know absolutely nothing about their bows, they don't care to even try to set them up or tune them but have others do it for them. They also are not learned in where to aim or what distances they should ethically shoot yet every year thay are out there hunting and slinging arrows everywere.

The trauma and shock a deer sustains from a gun hit, no matter where they are stuck is FAR greater than an arrow strike. There is a far greater chance of a bow hit gone wrong than a gun hit.

This is just the mentality I'm talking about, you will find slob hunters in all facets of hunting, you need to look at the percentages of each not the percentage of the overall numbers. There are far more gun hunters overall therefore it stands to reason far more slob gun hunters than bow hunters. This does not mean bow hunters are better.

I think most would be shocked if it could be tallied, what the actual recovery percentagesare between gun hunters and bowhunters.

Old 01-31-2007, 01:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm glad some are seeing what I was trying to say... believe me I love the bowhunting community and alot are very good people and hunters, it just turns my guts when I read posts about how gun hunters don't have a clue and bowhunting this and bowhunting that...bla..bla..bla

Your right TJF, it does not do us any favors and I might add, shines a bad light on hunting in general.
One thing you guys are missing is the relative YOUTHFULLNESS on this forum. Go look at that poll that ran a week or so back on the age breakdown of the forum's membership. A huge number of these guys are teenagers, probably a lot more of them than there are of us in the over-fifty crowd.

It's great that there are so many young people in bowhunting, and I love it. On the other hand, many of them haven't developed a few things yet. Experience, certainly. An inoffensive way of expressing a conflicting opinion, most definitely. Maturity too, maybe?

Then there are those who recently discovered bowhunting and, for them, nothing else is worth doing. You know how annoying someone who just quit smoking can be? It can be the same for a former gun hunter who has completely fallen in love with bowhunting.

To tell the truth, I think anyone who comes on these forums, takes what is said too seriously, and tries to use it to paint a picture of ALL bowhunters in general, isn't being too darn bright. What kind of view you develop about bowhunting from a forum is very much dependent on the demographics of that particular forum.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:01 PM
Site Buck Guru

I must be sheltered. I've heard about other types of hunters bickering about which one is best, but I've never witnessed it, personally. All of my bowhunting friends, also gun hunt. In most instances, we as a group, take gun hunting lighter because we are hunting with family and friends. While bowhunting, it seems that we are allloners. We prefer bowhunting but we still gun hunt. What's to argue about? It's legal, do both if you want.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:02 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

I'm glad some are seeing what I was trying to say... believe me I love the bowhunting community and alot are very good people and hunters, it just turns my guts when I read posts about how gun hunters don't have a clue and bowhunting this and bowhunting that...bla..bla..bla

One thing you guys are missing is the relative YOUTHFULLNESS on this forum. Go look at that poll that ran a week or so back on the age breakdown of the forum's membership. A huge number of these guys are teenagers, probably a lot more of them than there are of us in the over-fifty crowd.

It's great that there are so many young people in bowhunting, and I love it. On the other hand, many of them haven't developed a few things yet. Experience, certainly. An inoffensive way of expressing a conflicting opinion, most definitely. Maturity too, maybe?

Then there are those who recently discovered bowhunting and, for them, nothing else is worth doing. You know how annoying someone who just quit smoking can be? It can be the same for a former gun hunter who has completely fallen in love with bowhunting.

To tell the truth, I think anyone who comes on these forums, takes what is said too seriously, and tries to use it to paint a picture of ALL bowhunters in general, isn't being too darn bright. What kind of view you develop about bowhunting from a forum is very much dependent on the demographics of that particular forum.
I agree with you Arthur........sadly my impression of bow hunters (for the most part) was obtained from sources other than this board.[&o]

It's gotten to the point where I loath going to my local archery shops due to this.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: yajsab

> the only problem I have is with those dadgone hmong people

Really!! Why don't you explain your reason here?
I'm afraid the original poster of this replyhas made a racial slur based on the actions of ONE individual in Wisconsin. I, for one, am sorry you had to read this slanderous act of profiling on our (all of our)board.

He did make the smiley face so maybe it was just a joke gone extremely bad.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:03 PM

I have always said this. A slob hunter is a slob hunter, doesn't matter what weapon they choose. I actually see more hillbilly ignorant bow hunters than I do gun hunters.

And they are the ones that think they are better because they use a bow, to bad they suck at it. Go figure?

Paul
Old 01-31-2007, 02:06 PM
Dominant Buck

Then there are those who recently discovered bowhunting and, for them, nothing else is worth doing.
This describes me....if you're ONLY talking hunting. I've never gun-hunted for deer. I've gun hunted for turkeys; fowl; small game.....but never deer. The ONLY thing I know about deer hunting with a firearm is what I see on TV and my PERSONAL EXPERIENCES with the people I know who gun hunt.

BigJ....I don't dispute what you say...

I have seen (and known) bow hunters who know absolutely nothing about their bows, they don't care to even try to set them up or tune them but have others do it for them. They also are not learned in where to aim or what distances they should ethically shoot yet every year thay are out there hunting and slinging arrows everywere.
But understand.....I must be spoiled. I only hunt private land.....I've been taught a LOT by you guys....and some REALLY knowledgeable dear friends. I have an archery shop about 2 miles from my home that my son and I go to a couple to 3 times a week to shoot. The guys in there are WONDERFUL.....and the clientel I interact with hunt like I do. The owner has clinics.....puts on shoots......and we don't hear/see much (really NONE) of what you describe.

I only know deer unting through MY experiences. So far.....I've been blessed.

Quick Reply: Do bowhunter really hate other hunter that much?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.