Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do bowhunter really hate other hunter that much?

Old 01-31-2007, 11:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Do bowhunter really hate other hunter that much?

ORIGINAL: BigJ12

I think (and I know I will get flamed for this) bowhunters as a whole are a bunch of elitist and self absorbed hunters that think their way of hunting is the hardest and therefore are the "best hunters" if you will. And they show alot of animosity to other hunters.

One only needs to look at this very forum andat the replies regarding this sort of comparison (gun hunter vs bow hunter)

Sadly it seems (at least to me) that most who are like this only bowhunt, maybe they pick up a rifle or shotgun during the gun season but haven't hunted with other types of weapons and other types of quary. If they had then they would realize just how wrong thay are about other hunters and their hunting abilities.

There are many here that don't fit into that catagory but there are even more who do.

My .02
I'm not flaming BigJ12..I'm agreeing! Based on my years on this board.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:54 AM
Banned

The only hunter I don't care for is the "antihunter". All others hunters that do the sport legally and ethically are my friends.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:03 PM
Dominant Buck

BigJ.....it's one thing to state an opinion. It's another to let someone else's opinion bother you. If you do.....YOU have made that CHOICE.

MY opinion on gun hunting shouldn't affect YOU. Your choice.

Jeff
Old 01-31-2007, 12:05 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

The people I have problems with.....I wouldn't call "hunters".
Well said Gmmat
Old 01-31-2007, 12:09 PM
Site Bouncer

BigJ.....it's one thing to state an opinion. It's another to let someone else's opinion bother you. If you do.....YOU have made that CHOICE.

MY opinion on gun hunting shouldn't affect YOU. Your choice.

Jeff
Jeff,

I never said it bothered me, please re-read my post.

I simply statedMY observations regarding this subject.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:23 PM
Dominant Buck

BigJ....I didn't mean to infer you did. I should have said "In general". I started to edit it and decided not to.....but that's what I meant.

Sorry.

Jeff
Old 01-31-2007, 12:41 PM
Site Bouncer

BigJ....I didn't mean to infer you did. I should have said "In general". I started to edit it and decided not to.....but that's what I meant.

Sorry.

Jeff
No problem Jeff........but if you keep this upyou will have to change your sig line!
Old 01-31-2007, 12:44 PM
Dominant Buck

No kidding.

I didn't even think about that.

OK....I meant you![&:]
Old 01-31-2007, 01:01 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BigJ12

I think (and I know I will get flamed for this) bowhunters as a whole are a bunch of elitist and self absorbed hunters that think their way of hunting is the hardest and therefore are the "best hunters" if you will. And they show alot of animosity to other hunters.

One only needs to look at this very forum andat the replies regarding this sort of comparison (gun hunter vs bow hunter)

Sadly it seems (at least to me) that most who are like this only bowhunt, maybe they pick up a rifle or shotgun during the gun season but haven't hunted with other types of weapons and other types of quary. If they had then they would realize just how wrong thay are about other hunters and their hunting abilities.

There are many here that don't fit into that catagory but there are even more who do.

My .02
Very good post. I agree. A few seem to think their way is the only way and have no experience at all with the many different methods of hunting/trapping... yetspew garbageabout something they know nothing about. Sad as it doesn't do us any favors and just divides us even more.

Tim
Old 01-31-2007, 01:07 PM
Site Bouncer

No kidding.

I didn't even think about that.

OK....I meant you![&:]
LOL!

Quick Reply: Do bowhunter really hate other hunter that much?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.