Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Which drop away for my Gaurdian?

Old 01-29-2007, 05:20 PM
Typical Buck

Default Which drop away for my Gaurdian?

Now that I've got a Gaurdian on order, in realtree hardwoods, I need to figure out which rest to use. I had a drop zone on my old Liberty. I liked it but I had to rebuild it after 3 yrs and had to pay for the parts and do the work myself, which I didn't like. I kind of like the idea of a drow away with an arrow "holder" kind of like the Kazaway rest. Any body try them or have an opinion?
Old 01-29-2007, 05:27 PM

Default RE: Which drop away for my Guardian?

I have a Guardian and an Allegiance with a RipCord. I love the rests, and thy do have an arrow holder. Check them out, but, there are a lot out there that are comparable.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am rocking the Trophy Taker on my Guardian. I started with the DZ on it, wasn't enjoying the pissing around trying to get the DZ to work tied into the cable slide (fletch clearance issues on the DZ's launcher arm). I only put the DZ on so I could attempt to take any torque out of my cables from having a rest tied into it.

So, I figured if I am going to tie into my down cable it is going to be with a Trophy Taker.

The TT AKA ole' reliable

[/align]
Old 01-29-2007, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would highly recommend the QAD Ultra Rest. I have one on my Old Glory and really like, especially for hunting with the total capture design. It has performed flawlessly for me so far, about 6 months of use.