Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How can we really promote our sport? And should we?

Old 01-29-2007, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default How can we really promote our sport? And should we?

I think there's an obvious answer to this but just curious as to what you guys think. How can we really promote our sport on a daily basis by our actions and the things we do. Is there any easy ways to do it? How do you guys do it. And do you really think we as hunters SHOULD promote our sport. (obviously I believe we should.) Wondering what everybody's opinion is on the subject.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:43 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: How can we really promote our sport? And should we?

Bowtech die hard i think that to promote our sport we need to shie away from certain people that have tv shows, and as a whole us bowhunters need to get out there among the people opening archery teams clubs shoots and learning programs maybe even taking kids out who havent gone before even if they are not our own my idea is that if everyone on this site did one of these things our sport would not only survive but flourish ive given bows and eqipment to children and let them practice at my personal range giving them advice on how to better themselves how many people do you know that do stuff like this the future of our sport lies with not us but the kids that we get interested in the sport just my thoughts
Old 01-29-2007, 10:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Personally I have no intrest in promoting our sport to the public. I will, however, recruit and helpmy family and friends (and have done so) into the world of bowhunting and/archery if they are so inclined.

I do not wish to be an ambassador and encourage every yahoo out there to compete with me on public and private land.

I support "us" and help "us" when I can..but I'm not gonna actively recruit more of us just for the sake of it.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

Personally I have no intrest in promoting our sport to the public. I will, however, recruit and helpmy family and friends (and have done so) into the world of bowhunting and/archery if they are so inclined.

I do not wish to be an ambassador and encourage every yahoo out there to compete with me on public and private land.

I support "us" and help "us" when I can..but I'm not gonna actively recruit more of us just for the sake of it.
I understand where you're coming from and respect the fact that you're at least trying to help those interested in getting into it.

Old 01-29-2007, 10:54 AM

I'm with you, GR8. I've helped a waterfowling buddy of mine take up bowhunting, but as far as getting the masses out in the woods, I think not.

I'm not going to do anything to damage the sport, and I'll always be a hunter, so I could really care less about some guy in his mid 30'strying to takeit up.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:10 AM

I think we should promote bowhunting and archery in general.
The more of us there are the bigger voice we have.
Plus, to introduce others to something that will likely change their life for the better is always good.
Archery has had a positive influence on my life.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:57 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: bowtech die hard

I think there's an obvious answer to this but just curious as to what you guys think. How can we really promote our sport on a daily basis by our actions and the things we do. Is there any easy ways to do it? How do you guys do it. And do you really think we as hunters SHOULD promote our sport. (obviously I believe we should.) Wondering what everybody's opinion is on the subject.
By getting females into the sport we pick up a whole new fan base. Guys need to get their women and family into it. My wife and daughters all shoot bows because of my love for the sport. They have turned their friends onto it too and have broadened the fan base. This is our major goal with our hunting business, to get women into bowhunting and archery. TeeJay got his girlfriend into it and MOM/WSWD and her husband live and breathe it too.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hardcore, you bring up an excellent point. I wasn't trying to be sexist or anything in my post, that's just my thought process I guess. Excellent point though.

In response to not really trying to promote our sport to the masses: I understand where you guys are coming from, and that's fine. To me I think we should all try a little bit to get others involved in some way or another, which is why I respect the fact that you're at least trying to get your closest friends and family into it.

I'm the kind of guy I guess, that would go out of my way to help somebody who was even slightly interested. I think the more people we have in this sport, the better it is for us as a whole. By getting more people into it we're helping show the world that our sport is rising in popularity, as well as interest to the non-hunting community. We need to show those people who don't hunt we care about our sport. That leads to less of the non-hunters leaning to or getting into the anti-side. If we're going to have people support us, it should be the people that aren't hunting, by this we're keeping those who don't from becoming antis. imo.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:17 PM
Banned

Hardcore, you bring up an excellent point. I wasn't trying to be sexist or anything in my post, that's just my thought process I guess. Excellent point though.

In response to not really trying to promote our sport to the masses: I understand where you guys are coming from, and that's fine. To me I think we should all try a little bit to get others involved in some way or another, which is why I respect the fact that you're at least trying to get your closest friends and family into it.

I'm the kind of guy I guess, that would go out of my way to help somebody who was even slightly interested. I think the more people we have in this sport, the better it is for us as a whole. By getting more people into it we're helping show the world that our sport is rising in popularity, as well as interest to the non-hunting community. We need to show those people who don't hunt we care about our sport. That leads to less of the non-hunters leaning to or getting into the anti-side. If we're going to have people support us, it should be the people that aren't hunting, by this we're keeping those who don't from becoming antis. imo.
Well said, I couldn't agree more.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

Well said, I couldn't agree more.
Ditto!!

well said and I agree, that is why we as a group should back up Cindy Garrison and Tiffany. We have to realize their shows are not for us. I watch Cindy every weekend with my 6 year old daughter. She loves the show, and I act like I do, now when she gets in her suit I am 100% focused on te shows contant

Quick Reply: How can we really promote our sport? And should we?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.