Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

String silence

Old 01-28-2007, 02:42 AM

Default String silence

Alright, so my Allegiance is a quiet bow to begin with, I'll admit that. Add a Sims S-Coil stabalizer and it's even quieter. Stick a couple Limb Savers on it and its quieter still.

However, I still notice some noise at the shot. Not incredibly loud, but its there.

How do string leaches compare to the stock Bowtech string silencers? Somehow in my mind, it makes sense that something between the string is going to absrob more vibration than something wrapped around it. I could be wrong, but this is just how my brain is processing things at 2:00 in the morning.

I may purchase an STS or something similar down the road, but for right now I'm thinking smaller.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:39 AM
Host of Hosts

Default RE: String silence

I may purchase an STS or something similar down the road, but for right now I'm thinking smaller

Don't wait, get it now. It made such a difference on my Tribute that I now took all the string accessories off and gained a few more fps. It's worth the 40.00 believe me.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:51 AM
Banned

My Tribute is very quiet with simple cat whiskers and the factory string silencers. The whiskers definately were quite an improvement and very cheap. My only experience with an sts like product is the stealthshot on my vectrix. I am impressed with it. I think that sts's are the real deal or hoyt wouldn't have implemented them into their products. I also like the feature of reduced or eliminated arm slap during cold coat wearing weather that the sts provides.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

My Tribute is very quiet with simple cat whiskers and the factory string silencers. The whiskers definately were quite an improvement and very cheap. My only experience with an sts like product is the stealthshot on my vectrix. I am impressed with it. I think that sts's are the real deal or hoyt wouldn't have implemented them into their products. I also like the feature of reduced or eliminated arm slap during cold coat wearing weather that the sts provides.

Ditto on my ROSS, I talk off the leeches and put on whiskers. It is dead quite now!!

STScomes with my new ROSS, will see
Old 01-28-2007, 08:39 AM

The STS will make all the difference in the world. Another thing, the string silencers that come on the '07 Hoyt's...not sure what they are calling them this year, but they not only silence the string but the increase arrow speed....they do on mine anyway.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Noisy bow huh? Dang. Mines quite and I never put anything on it. I think you refer to it as the boat anchor brand.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:33 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: TRYKONOISSEUR

I may purchase an STS or something similar down the road, but for right now I'm thinking smaller

Don't wait, get it now. It made such a difference on my Tribute that I now took all the string accessories off and gained a few more fps. It's worth the 40.00 believe me.

it will be the best 40.00 you will spend trust me....
Old 01-28-2007, 02:52 PM

I do agree w/u on the factory silencers. I took mine off & added super string leeches. Don't hear anything now. I did order a custom string suppressor. Hopefully will have it next week & will let u know how it goes. Quiet a few people had good things 2 say about them.In fact a couple of threads here earlierabout them being puton 07 Allys. If u wany info on where to get the custom one, send a pm.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cat whiskers, plain and simple. Easy to install and last longer than the string will. These made my tribute whisper quiet.
Old 01-28-2007, 03:50 PM

Well guys, until I get my car into the shop and get the work done on it that needs to be done right now, I can't afford to order one. I understand how beneficial one would be, which is why I'll have one buy the end of summer, but right now I can't afford one. If I've got money left over after having my car worked on, we'll see.

Thanks for the responses.

Quick Reply: String silence

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.