Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ok, I thought I'd share. (Rememberance to my father)

Old 01-29-2007, 12:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Ok, I thought I'd share. (Rememberance to my father)

I'm sorry for your loss, my prayers are with you and your family.

I lost my Dad St Pat's Day of 2004, of a heart attack, the day before he was scheduled for bypass surgery.

I still have a hard time watching tv/movies where a father passes. I think about him almost everyday. He wasn't much into the outdoors, but I think about the activities that we did together and cherish the memories. I think about the stuff that I wish we could do together, and the things that he didn't get to see. And hope he would be proud of my actions.

One of the last things I said to him was "I love you", which I'm thankful for. Ialso began a few traditions that I do in memory.

Old 01-29-2007, 12:26 PM

Muzzyman88, you have my condolescences. Your thread reminded me of my own father's passing, almost 8 years ago. My father and I did not have a really good relationship for quit a while, did not have hunting, like you with yours, and just started to grow closer when he passed. Treasure you time with all you care about, as you never know.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ok, I thought I'd share.

ORIGINAL: TRYKONOISSEUR

Its really hard to put into words
Muzzy, I think you put it into words just fine. You might not realize this either, but your dad obviously raised you to be a fine man. Your words say alotto those who will read them. Most "men" would never even think about writing their feeling and emotions down for everyone to read. I don't want to sound corny, but you've shown yourself to be a great son and a person of good character. Your dad lives on in you.
exaclty. I agree completely. He's always with you, and remember that on your next hunt he'll be there smiling while you're living on what he started!
Old 01-29-2007, 02:13 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Ok, I thought I'd share.

So sorry for your loss. He sounds like he was a great man. Just know that we're here if you need to talk. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Zach
Old 01-29-2007, 04:37 PM

muzzy I am truely sorry about your loss. Touching story and a real eye opener. Thankyou
Old 01-29-2007, 04:49 PM

I also just lost My father this last april and as You He taught Me everything I know about the woods ,guns and hunting and the things I do each and every day He was a great man and I tell You We will never be over it but as one of the gentlemen said He will be with You every day and each and every Hunt that You go on, My heart goes out to You and Your family.......Vet
Old 01-29-2007, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Muzzy...my thoughts are with you. I lost my Dad Oct. 11 2001. He was my hunting and fishing bud. He taught me everything. It is still VERY hard to take to the woods without him, but I still go because I know he would want me to.

I thank him "outloud" for every deer I've taken since he passed. I talk to Him alot while on stand. I think each season will get easier to hunt without him, but it may never happen for me. I hope that I still have the desire to hunt as my kids reach the legal hunting age. I'm hanging on for them. I hope I can be half the Man and Father my Dad was.

Take care.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:31 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry about your Dad I kind of know what you feel like, I lost my brother 16 years ago due to sudden heart failure. He was my best friend and favorite hunting buddy. I am 39 years old and still mourn the brother that i lost. Seems you just remember the good times and forget the bad but in my case I can honestly say in the 22 years I had my brother we had nothing but good times. Again sorry about your loss.