Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ok, I thought I'd share. (Rememberance to my father)

Old 01-28-2007, 12:34 AM

Default RE: Ok, I thought I'd share. (Rememberance to my father)

muzzyman, my deepest sympathy to you. Like you, my Dad made and molded me into the hunter and outdoorsman that I've been for 40 years. He is now 80 years old and not in the best of health so he can't get out and hunt with me any more. Every day I thank God for him and the times we shared. He is with me mentally every day I am out there in a tree stand or duck blind. My Brother was 12 years older than I was and he passed away 13 years ago on his 46th birthday. We also shared many great times when he came home from Viet Nam. At some point in your life, after the sorrow and greiving, you will CELEBRATE THE LIFE of your father and reflect back to all the special moments, and your heart will smile. We all will meet up again some day and that void will be filled with eternal life. God Bless you and your family.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:47 AM

God bless you, man. I am lucky enough that I am only 15 and don't have older parents and grandparents that have health problems. My grandparents are in great shape and my parents are better than ever, and I have been extremely fortunate to have parents that support me in everything I do and want to do. Stories like yours make me want to cherish the great and even not so great times with my parents and grandparents, because, especially for the latter, they could end very soon. I thank you for inspiring me to hold those moments closer than I normally would, especially in times when it is not so easy to get along.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Muzzyman I do know the way you feel. My dad died tragicly in a car accident in 2000 and even today when in my mind I know I will never see him again it feels like I'm crazy this juist can't be true. Life does go on but I know I haven't lost him completly I still hear him when I'm in a treestandwhen I least exspect it. I feel him sometimes in the wind when I'm not thinking of him and I know he's there in every hunt I'm on. I am 52 years old and I know no matter how young or old you are your dad is stilll your dad, your feelings never change. Some day in the not so distant future I know we will hunt together again. One day in a stand my granddad told me so.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:09 AM

mm88., sorry to here about your father., sounds like you two really did have a great friend/father relationship., and thank you for the post., since i to hunt with my dad., he is now 70 years old and unable to bowhunt anymore. but, i got him into muzzleloader hunting ,.whitch he took 2 deer this year. (at 70 yers old), most fathers got there sons into hunting ., i got my father into hunting ., he could care less if he shot one, just as long as he is there with me., yes ,.please charish your loved ones., and again ,.thank you for the reminder.,
Old 01-28-2007, 10:39 AM
Fork Horn

I know exactly where you are at right now in your life, for I too lost my Dad in Aug. of '05. It put alot of thingd in perspective for me. It was the hardest year of my life but I was high on a mountain in Colo. hunting on the one year anniversary of his passing and from that day forward things got a little easier because being out there on that mountain made me remember what I have in life and what a gift everyday really is. I guess what I am trying to say is go forward knowing that your dad is watching you every step of the way with a smile and pride in his heart.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:14 AM
Spike

Muzzyman i am sorry for your lost. It will happen to all of us one day that part of it doesn t seem fair.My father is my one and formost hunting partner.But when he retired he lost most of his vision in both eyes and doesn t drive now or bow hunt with me anymore.But we now ground hunt side by side during gun and muzzy season.We have changed are hunting style as we were tree huggers before during gun season.But sitting side by side now has really brought us closer together.Where now he hears the deer and i locate them.One of the things he says every year to me now it is the time together while hunting not the kill.So everyone don t take your elders for granted as they are not here long.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:43 PM

Muzzyman, my deepest sympathy for your loss. Just know that dad is always there with you. They are not far from us. May the Lord give you peace & comfort.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Muzzy, you did very well putting that into words. I'm sorry for your loss, but his legacy lives on in you. It is truly important that we let our loved ones know that they are just that... loved. Thank you for your thread.
Old 01-28-2007, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am sorry for your loss.I am afraid that there is nothing that completely takes the void away.It just gets easier as time goes on and your life adjusts around his absence.You are lucky to have had that type of relationship with your dad.It would seem that any dad would be very proud of the way that you are coping! God Bless!
Old 01-28-2007, 03:41 PM
Banned

Sorry to hear about your loss. Time is going to help heal your heart and keep your chin up. Take care man.

Quick Reply: Ok, I thought I'd share. (Rememberance to my father)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.