Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

2007 Improvements...

Old 01-27-2007, 05:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default 2007 Improvements...

Well what are you guys doing this offseason to become more effiecient, creating more opportunities, and becoming a better hunter? Personally, this year has been my biggest jump as far as becomming a better hunter overall. This offseason im gonna be a little more prepared, practice a little more, and most of all quit being so trigger happy. You know what im talking about and how it was, getting the jitters and taking the shot too early, forcing things, etc. Not with a bow as much as a rifle, it costed me a doe this year because i tried taking the shot too soon. Thats the biggest thing for me i believe. I would have tagged out and had the hat trick if it wasnt for that hiccup. I am definately gonna have more stands too. Lets hear what you guys are doing....
Old 01-27-2007, 05:11 PM

Default RE: 2007 Improvements...

Putting ALOT more emphasis on scouting.
Old 01-27-2007, 05:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

I 2nd that ....
Old 01-27-2007, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

I 2nd that ....
Make that three of us, I am also trying to better my archery skills in the 5-Spot competition. I also want to get something else besides tag soup in the freezer.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Zdeerslayer

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

I 2nd that ....

Make that three of us, I am also trying to better my archery skills in the 5-Spot competition. I also want to get something else besides tag soup in the freezer.

yeah i had tag soup for 2 years in a row before this one, before this year i was sat down somewhere and told to stay there and this year i did everything myself and it payed off
Old 01-27-2007, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is my first year out of the 4 I have been hunting to go w/o a deer. I've been handling it better than expected.[8D]
Old 01-27-2007, 06:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

yeah i got my first one 4 yrs ago and hadnt had one since my 2 this yr...
Old 01-27-2007, 07:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

cougars it sounds like you got a good plan, stick with it. Im shooting 5 spotto keep in tune and improve,thanks mobow!!I will be shed hunting as usual trying to find a big boy, but as has happened so many times i find big antlers and never get the buck im after. oh well its still funI will be trying my hand at bow hunting gobblers this year and laying the gun down, im very excited about that one. From hunting from a climber this season i tried some new areas and learned some things from them through deer movement and i will do some adjusting on stand placement with some hang on's. should prove intresting this coming season. I moved around to alot of locations this season and seen more deer than i ever have including through the late season but couldnt get close on a big boy, i will be moving alot this comming season to. I will also be happy to receive more advise from my fellow HNI members. Happy hunting boys!
Dan
Old 01-27-2007, 07:32 PM
Typical Buck

I have started video taping my form when practicing.
I am also trying to do super slo moon my arrow in flight as I am making some changes to my set up for 07
Old 01-27-2007, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have tag soop quite often where I live now, and have found if you slice it real thin and use alot of cabbage it's not to bad! [:'(]I'm improveing my hunting spot by moving to another State!

Quick Reply: 2007 Improvements...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.