Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why are Lumenoks illegal in some states?

Old 01-26-2007, 06:35 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Why are Lumenoks illegal in some states?

I know they are (by interpretation).....but there's a video out there somewhere that shows the nock from the hunter's view and then from the deer's (or any game) view.

What's the advantage they think the hunter is gaining?
Old 01-26-2007, 06:53 AM

Default RE: Why are Lumenoks illegal in some states?

I don't know? Why can't we use dogs to track in IL?
Why Can't we use Breakup/blaze orange? Why did it take me 190days to get my foid card here in IL?? Foid is Firearms Owners Identification Card.
Well I know myQuestions all have more controversial issues, but I think the different laws for different states is wrong!
My government is telling me Blaze orange breakup is illegal because its to dangerous...well My point is the DNR departments should be on the same page. I understand laws according to geography...But thats pretty much it! So their saying
I really don't understand the Lumenok laws!?!
I wish we could all be on the same page!
Old 01-26-2007, 06:54 AM
Banned

IA regs just state that sites that project a light beam, including laser sights are not allowed. Some states' wording have any lighted hunting aid proclaimed illegal. for the taking of game.It is in the wording and these laws are written to prevent poaching. They were also written before lighted arrow nocks were invented. Highly doubtful that a hunter would be ticketed for using them, but you never know.I have never heard of DNR guys checking peoples' nocks. This is something for you to address with your local state bowhunters association.
Old 01-26-2007, 06:59 AM
Dominant Buck

I think you misunderstood, Don. They're not illegal, here. I use them. They're illegal in PA (and other states) and I've never heard a VIABLE reason "why".

Have you ever seen what they look like...from the animal's perspective?

They look like that. NOTHING.....lol
Old 01-26-2007, 07:00 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: ILBOW

I don't know? Why can't we use dogs to track in IL?
Why Can't we use Breakup/blaze orange? Why did it take me 190days to get my foid card here in IL?? Foid is Firearms Owners Identification Card.
Well I know myQuestions all have more controversial issues, but I think the different laws for different states is wrong!
My government is telling me Blaze orange breakup is illegal because its to dangerous...well My point is the DNR departments should be on the same page. I understand laws according to geography...But thats pretty much it! So their saying
I really don't understand the Lumenok laws!?!
I wish we could all be on the same page!
Exactly. Why is my concealed weapons permit null and void when I leave my state unless the state I am going to honors my permit. My drivers license allows me to drive anywhere in the US with it as my state has OK'd this. My state says that I am can carry concealed, should mean I can carry nationwide as far as I am concerned.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:01 AM
Dominant Buck

This isn't the thread to discuss this on......but do you REALLY want to be an advocate of abolishing "State's rights"? Really??????
Old 01-26-2007, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know it doesn't make sense that they are illegal, but it all has to do with how some states have stated their laws. Since the laws where written before Lumenocks came out, they fall into their states categories of lasers or laser hunting aids. I believe if Lumenocks were known of before the laws were written, they would have worded them different to exclude Lumenocks.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:06 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I think you misunderstood, Don. They're not illegal, here. I use them. They're illegal in PA (and other states) and I've never heard a VIABLE reason "why".

Jeff where did you hear that about PA? I am 99% sure they are legel to use here i PA. But hey i've been wrong before.

Old 01-26-2007, 07:07 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

The viable reason why is that before lighted nocks were invented, the laws were in the books in these states that state that" Using any kind of lighted aid during the pursuing or taking of game is illegal."
The laws simply haven't been updated or modified. This is your answer.

Old 01-26-2007, 07:09 AM

My state says that I am can carry concealed, should mean I can carry nationwide as far as I am concerned.
Agreed but are you more responsible than Me?
No..the point is USDA..FDA....OSHA
saftey regulations are nationwide, Why do local conservation offices and our DNR offices have more power than state police when making restrictions on the public??
Just food for thought.

Quick Reply: Why are Lumenoks illegal in some states?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.