Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why are Lumenoks illegal in some states?

Old 01-26-2007, 07:39 AM

Default RE: Why are Lumenoks illegal in some states?

Hate to be the one to tell you this...but you can use dogs to track wounded deer in Illinois. I believe it is on page 11 of the regs book.
Its page ten. If you have to use a fifty foot lead, only use one dog, and are unable to track within 1000 yards of conservation, unless you have a certified Dog. I guess dog tracking has become an option. I don't feel it has become a right. The last thing the book says is Other restriction apply means they hav'nt given us the right yet.
I should have worded my statement better.... I knew i was gonna get slack, Sorry.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:39 AM
Fork Horn

Jeff,
The advantages for this product are all positive for hunting. The great people that write our laws are clueless...LOL
These might be the people that would let a law get passed to end our hunting...LOL

MC
Old 01-26-2007, 07:41 AM
Dominant Buck

Sorry.....I was busy working on a contract/creating a schedule/ balancing my Co. financials and had my head up my butt, Don. You're right.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Can I just PM you when I have questions?
Old 01-26-2007, 07:49 AM

Sorry.....I was busy working on a contract/creating a schedule/ balancing my Co. financials and had my head up my butt, Don. You're right.

Thats hilarious!!!!!!
I' don't think any of us are real busy at the moment!!!
Old 01-26-2007, 07:50 AM
Typical Buck

They are old laws that at the time they were written served a purpose. They are outdated now and need to be brought up to speed. I do not believe there is any law that states that the use of the Lumenoks are illegal, but the wording leaves it open to interpetation that can lead to a fine. Just another way for the man to stick it to you
Old 01-26-2007, 07:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't see where is says anything about having only 1 dog or the 1000 yards thing. I could be misreading something I guess.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:12 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Sure. Feel free to use email too.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

they are not illegal in PA. i verified that with a WCO. he said they do not aid in killing the animal or tracking the animal
Old 01-26-2007, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm kinda surprised he agreed they do not aid in tracking the animal. If the arrow is in the animal, the nock sticking out, you can sure as hell see that alot better that just a regular nock. I use Lumenocks and love them BTW. I shot a coon with one and the only reason I found it was because of the nock sticking out of a stump.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:52 AM

I don't see where is says anything about having only 1 dog or the 1000 yards thing. I could be misreading something I guess.
Here. This what it says:
IT IS UNLAWFUL TO
use a dog, horse,automobile,aircraft,boat or other vehicle to take deer with a firearm or bow and arrow. However, Dogs(I was told this meant dogs in generall)may be used to track wounded deer, so long as the following conditions are met. Any person using a Dog(one dog per person)for tracking wounded deer must maintain physical control of the dog at all times by means of a max. 50 foot lead attached to the dogs collar or harness. Tracking wounded deer is permissable at night.....yadda yadda yadddahh......Other restrictions APPLY: (This is where it is up to the specific officer To present you with the 1000 yards etc...)

there is also a verbal clause that allows any officer to restrict the use of dogs at any given time.......Plainly they can just tell you NO for the whole season.

Quick Reply: Why are Lumenoks illegal in some states?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.