Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why are Lumenoks illegal in some states?

Old 01-26-2007, 07:12 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Why are Lumenoks illegal in some states?

Jeff,
I'll tell you why they probably aren't legal. Because the people writing the laws aren't up to date with all the great new products that have come out on the market. Is there a way it can be brought to there attention? Also it might be a good idea to call the game ranger for that area and get his point of view. Most of these guys are hunters and wouldn't write a guy up for using them.

MC
Old 01-26-2007, 07:15 AM
Dominant Buck

Thanks. MC....I'm just wondering what advantage they think we gain by using them.

PA....I thought Rob told me they were illegal in PA.....I could be wrong.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:16 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: ILBOW

My state says that I am can carry concealed, should mean I can carry nationwide as far as I am concerned.
Agreed but are you more responsible than Me?
No..the point is USDA..FDA....OSHA
saftey regulations are nationwide, Why do local conservation offices and our DNR offices have more power than state police when making restrictions on the public??
Just food for thought.
Nothing to do with being more responsible. It is meeting the criteria, completing the background check, and trainingthat is required for my concealed permit. No different in my eyes than meeting the requirements for a driving license and being allowed to leave my state and drive in another. Cars kill more people than guns do.

Sorry to hijack the thread Jeff, but your question has been answered.[8D]
Old 01-26-2007, 07:19 AM
Dominant Buck

Sorry to hijack the thread Jeff, but your question has been answered.[8D]
Sorry, Don....."'Cause I said so" doesn't constitute an answer, for me. But feel free to have the thread....
Old 01-26-2007, 07:27 AM
Banned

You are not convinced with all of the correct answers so far? Sorry, what more do you want. How do you debate a correct answer. It isn't an opinion thread.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't know? Why can't we use dogs to track in IL?
Hate to be the one to tell you this...but you can use dogs to track wounded deer in Illinois. I believe it is on page 11 of the regs book.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:31 AM
Dominant Buck

I'm just wondering what advantage they think we gain by using them.
Sorry, Don....Didn't catch the answer. But if you say it's answered....I guess it is. Who am I? I only authored the thread.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:33 AM

[blockquote]quote:

[blockquote]quote:

My state says that I am can carry concealed, should mean I can carry nationwide as far as I am concerned.
[/blockquote]
Agreed but are you more responsible than Me?
No..the point is USDA..FDA....OSHA
saftey regulations are nationwide, Why do local conservation offices and our DNR offices have more power than state police when making restrictions on the public??
Just food for thought.
[/blockquote]
Nothing to do with being more responsible. It is meeting the criteria, completing the background check, and trainingthat is required for my concealed permit. No different in my eyes than meeting the requirements for a driving license and being allowed to leave my state and drive in another. Cars kill more people than guns do.
agreed, You are less than 300 or so miles away from me. I'll clear anything you have as far as reason to carry, My point is the only factor that allows you to carry is your on the other side of the Mississippi! thats it.
I feel thats wrong of our laws.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:35 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I'm just wondering what advantage they think we gain by using them.
Sorry, Don....Didn't catch the answer. But if you say it's answered....I guess it is. Who am I? I only authored the thread.
Jeff, they didn't think there was an advantage gained by using them, because as stated by me and others, the laws were written before the lighted nocks were invented!! Have a cup of coffee.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

They are legal in PA.

Quick Reply: Why are Lumenoks illegal in some states?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.