Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Ground
0%
5 - 10 ft
0%
11 - 15 ft
12.73%
16 - 20 ft
45.45%
21 - 25 ft
32.73%
26 - 30 ft
9.09%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

How High Do You Hunt Mostly?

Old 01-25-2007, 04:52 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: How High Do You Hunt Mostly?

PT....this is one of those questions in bowhunting that seems to make bowhunters try and see who can pee highest on the wall. The other ones are bow poundage and shot distances (among many others).

Just get good cover and get out of their thermals and don't worry about how high you are. My son reads stuff like this....and I'm glad I've taught him better.

I'm still wondering how a man can SAFELY set climbing sticks and a hang on stand and get to 30' without being totally drenched in sweat and not risking life and limb in under 30 minutes. Also.....just doing common math.....how many sets of sticks would that take????
Old 01-25-2007, 05:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

PT....this is one of those questions in bowhunting that seems to make bowhunters try and see who can pee highest on the wall. The other ones are bow poundage and shot distances (among many others).

Just get good cover and get out of their thermals and don't worry about how high you are. My son reads stuff like this....and I'm glad I've taught him better.

I'm still wondering how a man can SAFELY set climbing sticks and a hang on stand and get to 30' without being totally drenched in sweat and not risking life and limb in under 30 minutes. Also.....just doing common math.....how many sets of sticks would that take????
Jeff, .. let's see ...30 / 4 = at least seven! heh heh heh.

I am with you bro, I have been 10' in a tall pine woods and could not be seen by man nor beast! I know there are alot of guys that have a comfortable hight they like to be at ... each situation has it's requirements.
Old 01-25-2007, 05:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

16-20 depending on the tree, sometimes only as high as 8-10 feet. You dont always need to get high to get big mature bucks.