Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

STS Offset mount??

Old 01-23-2007, 11:08 AM
Fork Horn

Default STS Offset mount??

Has anyone seen the offst mount for an STS? This would mount directly to the rear cable guard to stop the string rather than go from the front mounting hole? I saw one on a Drury video with a hoyt bow, but have not been able to find one like that. Am I better off just using the front mount?
Thanks
Dandbuck
Old 01-24-2007, 07:51 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: STS Offset mount??

Am I the only one looking for such a thing? I guess i will have to make my own.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think hoyts have thier own gadget that does the same effect as an STS. The only STS I have seen are ones that mount in the front (or rear) holes in your riser. I think they have a double one now also. I have a front mount one, love it. Hope that helps.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:19 AM

Go here http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=338928&highlight=suppressor
That guy makes them and they are sweet. I only wish my Hoyt had a rear thread. You can get them in black or camo to match your bow. I think the price is pretty cheap too. Lots of people raving over them on that thread.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:29 AM
Fork Horn

I tried to get a hold of MeanV, I left PM's for him. His I believe arerear mount only, that is my problem. I would need to use a front mount because my rear hole has the cable guard in it. That's why I was hoping to have one to mount to my cable guard and "offset" to stop the string. Total offset is only 1 1/4" and only needs to be 2 1/2" long. This would eliminate the need for all the extra rod and offset clamp of the front mount. I hope I am trying to explain this right. Icould not find any other STS type on the Hoyt website.
Thanks
dandbuck
Old 01-24-2007, 10:49 AM
Site Bouncer

Looks to me like just a plain old threaded guide rod that you can buy from any archey shop, cut it to length, attach a rubberbumper on the end and a dampner and put it on...should cost less than $20.00 and 30min of your time.

Am I missing something here?
Old 01-24-2007, 12:33 PM
Fork Horn

Here is a picture of my bow. THe threaded hole already has the cable guard in it. I would like to attach the STS to the cable guard by sliding it over the end of the cable guard (after removing the slide), then tighten with a couple set screws and then put the slide back on. This work??????????
Old 01-24-2007, 12:53 PM

Go to www.stsarchery.com They have what you are looking for. They have both styles. Rear mounts should not be hard to find at all. Mine friend has one on his bow.
Old 01-24-2007, 01:26 PM
Fork Horn

OK, I guess I will have to re-explain this to you all. Don't mean to sound condesending, but???? If I had a lower threaded hole without anything, I would not need to find an offset unit now would I? There is no hole to put one in!! I know I canuse a front mount and come all the way around the riser and then offset back to the string and put one on, but I would like to eliminate all the extra "stuff". I have been looking into switching to a Muzzy Zero Effect rest or a WB also. So if Igo to a muzzy, I need to use an upper cable guard adapter for the zero effect to work and then I can remove my lower cable guard rodor shorten that and add a rubber bumper to use for that.That seems to be my best route altogether, but for some of you guys to say what you have been, it seems like you did not read what I really wanted in the first place. Thanks for the help, really, but ??? I don't know, just frustrating I guess. Plese don't takethat the wrong way.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know what your saying, but i dont think its possible, the cable slide moves an awefullot on the guard. Plus it would get in the way of the arrow cause your cable guard is right about the same height as the nocking point.

I think what you may have seen on the drury could be a type of cable guard silencer that sticks on the end of the guard.

Here is a link to a review i did of the sts. http://www.huntonly.com/2006/09/sts_shock_terminator_suppresso.html

I know you dont want the front mount style, but i have one on and dont think its to much extra. I just dont think its possible to get one that would mount on the end of the guard w/o interfering w/ the arrow. Unless it was far enough offset, which would be more cumbersome than the current sts.

Also another thing to think about is that the cable guard is not designed to take that impact, most are made outta carbon fiber and would crack or even shatter after enough shots...

Quick Reply: STS Offset mount??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.