Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

STS Offset mount??

Old 01-24-2007, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: STS Offset mount??

I hope Hoyt is listening.... Please provide a rear stabilizer hole on all of your bows! You might be losing a few sales because of this issue....

Old 01-24-2007, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

The front mount isnt that cumbersome, but it would be nice to have a rear thread
Old 01-25-2007, 06:47 AM
Fork Horn

Well, it seems I have to go a route I did not want to go, but............
As far as not having room for an offset mount, there is plenty of room. On the drury tape i did not just see a rubber silencer on the cable guard, they had exactly what I was looking for, in fact, that's when I started my search rather than just going with the front mount. But, like I said, I must go another route. After contemplating a WB, i have decided to go the route of a Muzzy Zero Effect, so.....................I need to modify my caable guard from a lower cable guard to an upper cable guard. They (after talking to Mark@ Muzzy.com) make an adapter plate that screws into the riser where the sight and quiver goes. That would allow me use the bottom hole for the STS, so I guess it's all good. I may still make the offset mount and try it out, just to see it in action. I'll let you know how it turns out. BTW I own a machine shop, so I would not be scabbing together some garbage to make this.
Later
dandbuck
Old 01-25-2007, 12:25 PM

here's a thought. If u own a machine shop, u might be able to make some $$ w/this, if it turns out right.There's another guy on another sight doingsomething similar. How many others out there w/hoyts needing the same product? MMMM, just a thought mind u.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

make sure to post some pics once you get it fabricated...I would be careful moving the cable slide around, im not sure how precise they need to be.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:21 PM
Fork Horn

Well, it's taken some looking, but I did find a supplier for what I was looking for. I will also see about making something similar, but I need to check on patent infrigments and such. Here is where I found them. They actually havea couple different models to choose from.
http://www.sausa.com/pp7.html

Take a look and see if they might not work for you too.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I remember seeing these when i was looking for something back in the summer, I forget where i heard this but i heard they werent the best, and everyone recommended the STS to me... So I went w/ that, actually it was this brand that turned me onto the idea... Let me know how it works, im interested.