Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New NC Law.....& herd management

Old 01-24-2007, 07:22 AM
Banned

Default RE: New NC Law.....& herd management

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

The deer are there and you passed on a lot according to your reply with Motown. If you choose not to kill 5 next year it is because you choose not to.(Pretty cocky, confident statement IMO) Istill don't understand why you would shoot a little buck when there are 8 does to one buck and killing is easy there.
Don....you can't write without condescending to me.....so why bother? So my deer are easy to kill......and you're the king of the forrest? Don....if you were as good as you think you are at this.....you wouldn't have to doll your wife up for harvest photos and pretend to have your own hunting show. There....I finally said what everyone here thinks. Like I said to Moho....WHY should I have to apologize for seeing a lot of deer. I didn't see half that number the first year I hunted (actually not 15%). It took me learning them and FINDING them. It took me gaining access to new area. It took scouting. It took a commitment. I won't apologize for putting in my time to reap the rewards.

Yeah. I passed on a LOT of deer. When you see 344 and have over 200 in bow range.....and you harvest 5.....you passed on a few. What's wrong with that? If I shot every deer that came by I'd be done by mid-Sept.

You keep eluding to me shooting little bucks???? I'm baffled, Don. Are you making fun of my contest entry? It was the first deer I'd ever shot.....and I was and AM still proud of him. Your philosopy on deer hunting and mine COMPLETELY differ. When the thread cam around a few months ago about picking the 5 states you'd most like to deer hunt in.....I chose NC, alone. I don't care about shooting the best bucks in the country. I want to shoot the best bucks in MY WOODS. Heck....I accomplished that. I feel darned good.

Istill don't understand why you would shoot a little buck when there are 8 does to one buck and killing is easy there.
OK, Don......because I didn't know any better? because I wanted to kill "A" buck?? Because every doe I saw had a fawn with her?? Pick one and run. I've never faltered from this/these stance(s).

This post was only a month ago, why the change in direction and being concerned with herd mgmt?
Because I'm evolving, Don??? Because I want to??? Because I have an opportunity (with the new law.....read the original post) to make a bigger difference?????

You also can't tell me that you wouldn't like to see the bucks reach maturity where you hunt.
Where'd that come from? When did I say I didn't. you're a master at pure conjecture, Don. Please expound.

If you don't complain about the size of bucks here on the forum(which I think you have) you surely complain to your wife and close friends.
I guess you complain to your wife about your size, too, Don. Now really.....who do you think you are putting words in my mouth? You're a piece of work. You have no idea of what I talk to my wife and friends about.

Has to be the case or you wouldn't have shot that little buck thisyear. I tried to give you some answers as to why we have big deer here in IA and how you could implement this mgmt into your land. All you want to do is argue.
Here we go round and round........

I disagreed with your entire premise behind why the deer are bigger in your state....and you want to belittle me when I disagree. That sound about right???

You kinda make me chuckle.............for a second....
You are an idiot and your replies on any topic on this forum show it daily.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:26 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: New NC Law.....& herd management

That's it, Don.....if you can't have a discussion based on facts and cognizant thoughts.....resort to personal inults. It'll show your intelligence.