Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What is bowhunting to you?

Old 01-23-2007, 05:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: What is bowhunting to you?

Pure enjoyment, that helps get away from it all. It also a great feeling if you have some success as I like to stalk them. This allows me to see the environment, the deer, and other wildlife as well. It is just that kind of peacefull easy feeling you can only enjoy when doing it.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:04 PM

Default RE: What is bowhunting to you?

You know the cool thing is that everyone of us could agree with what each other has on this topic. Its everything all wrapped up in one. I do know one thing if I couldnt bow hunt, I just wouldnt be me. Its a huge part of all of our lives and I dont think anyone we would be complete without it.

Flyfishpjto answer your question I am graduating from Fort Hays State University in Hays KS. The professors here in the bio department, are very proad of their program and they believe 100% that you will get a better education in wildlife bio or related fields at FHSU as apposed to KU, KSU, Emporia state, Pitt State....ect. They have a very field oriented program, where you get to go on trips to learn more about identifying different taxa. They regularly go camping(4 nights) in south east oklahoma on Herpetology (study of amphibians and reptiles) and Ichthyology (study of fishes) trips. For Mammalogy we went on a overnight trapping trip and had to put up our own study specimens (skinning and stuffing various mammals with cotton). There are a bunch more and if you want some more details just pm me. Also most of the professors are colleges with the professors at the other universities and they are very highly qualified, probably some of the best in my eyes. I am friends with several people from other schools in the same program and they agreed with me....they dont get near the detail more of a macro level education. Look for a school that is similar, where there are a variety of courses and lots of hands on experience. its worth it and if your in KS the tuition is way cheaper.