Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What is bowhunting to you?

Old 01-22-2007, 07:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What is bowhunting to you?

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

What is bowhunting to me? It's hunting with a bow.
That's deep ...
Old 01-22-2007, 08:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

simply put. a recharge of the ol batteriesI feel refreshed after a good hunt even if i dont score.
Dan
Old 01-23-2007, 11:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

A year aroundlove affair with the outdoors and wildlife. I really can't think of any 10 minute incrementof the day that I dont think for at least a moment or twoabout bowhunting whitetails.

My wife used to always ask me when we first got married, "whats on your mind?" Now after hearingthe sameanswer year after yearshe doesnt bother asking! or she will say. "you must be hunting in your head."
Old 01-23-2007, 12:20 PM

ORIGINAL: shed33

I really can't think of any 10 minute incrementof the day that I dont think for at least a moment or twoabout bowhunting whitetails.
Shed…I’m curious if out of that 10 minutes a day you think of something else but hunting whitetails.

I hunt with a bow because I just like to hunt, and like to be outside. If it wasn’t for the fact that I like eating wild game, I’d hunt with a camera. Hunting with a bow means I need to get in close to an animal for a shot, rather than sitting across the ridge and throwing lead. I’m not knocking a single rifle shot from 300+ yards to harvest an animal, but to me it takes the “hunt” out of the hunt.

Right now I use a compound bow, but am looking at going traditional for even more of a challenge.

Old 01-23-2007, 01:05 PM
Dominant Buck

The only way to kill a deer.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:14 PM
Dominant Buck

To me it's an extra 2 months afield that I wouldn't ordinarily have available to me, other than that I still prefer to gun hunt since it's a weapon I'm far more comfortable and confident with.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:01 PM

To me bow hunting is in my soul,I eat sleep and breath bow hunting.It is a passion for me,Nothing gets my heart pumping more,Thats why i stickly bowhunt only.The ones who have harvested game,with ther bow know what i mean,The mistical flight of that arrow just drivrs my inner spirt,and for those of you who feel the same way i do,nothing could ever replace it.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:27 PM

what i do to get away from it all
Old 01-23-2007, 03:06 PM

May get some looks here but i will be honest. To me bowhunting is just another season for me to get out there. I got this bow 5 years ago because i wanted to hunt elk in the early season rather than wait for rifle. As it worked out i got pretty good at killin elk with arrows but i still enjoy rifle hunting.I have not rifle hunted elk in 5 years now because i haven't made it past bowseason with my tag. In a way i sometimes miss going out there on a foggy morning and watching a bull let out a huge cough of steam when you crackem with a 160 nosler.I remember that sight like it was yesterday, best feeling in the world when you know you hittem good.But i also enjoy having them 20 yards away. I'm dammed if i do dammed if i don't lol.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

What is bowhunting to you?
It's being with family, friends, wildlilfe, and the outdoors. It's a big part of enjoying life to it's fullest...

Quick Reply: What is bowhunting to you?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.