Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

wounded doe

Old 01-22-2007, 03:08 PM

Default RE: wounded doe

well went out today and she is still ALIVE! my arrow had blood on it from tip to nock. i hate not getting my hands on her and it's a wast
Old 01-22-2007, 03:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Still alive, but going to die? or still alive and will stay that way? MOre details bud.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:14 PM

the shot was a little longer that i thalt but the hit looked like the lower heart the blood as pink found same white hair? the last blood was dark red to normal color. got a pass through did i hit her in the leg? i thalt it mit have pass through from ahead of the heart out the chest or it hit the opposite shoulder. this well be the first deer not recovered i am a great shot. love this sport!
Old 01-22-2007, 05:19 PM
Fork Horn

You may have gotten her in the brisket area, or maybe went in the armpit area and came out with no real harm done to the deer, if that was the case then you probably shouldnt have taken the shot..Hopefully she will make it but all I can say is practice, practice, practice..And not at just shooting, pick out objects and then range them you will get to learn yardage alot better until then stick a stick in the ground letting you know o.k. the first stick is 20 yards, the second is 30 etc,etc, or better yet if you are just starting out use one pin 20 yards practice every day even if it is 4 arrows a day until you get confidence you shouldnt shoot at any animal over 20 yards, then move out 5 or 10 and do the same but whatever you do practice, practice, practice, sitting, standing, kneeling, all different positions..I know we all shoot standing perfectly when we are practicing but alot of times you dont get to actually shoot that way in the woods...Hope ya find your deer...
Old 01-22-2007, 05:39 PM

go thursday after school my friend found a lot of blood at last light
Old 01-22-2007, 09:54 PM
Fork Horn

Are you in Great Valley School Dist.? If so, I'm pullin my kids out!
Wast? What is Wast? Don't you proof rad your post?
Old 01-23-2007, 09:19 AM

Waste [:@]
Old 01-23-2007, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

of oxygen?
Old 01-23-2007, 10:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

your posts are very tough to read and understand.
Being a great shot in the yard and at a deer are world different. You should reconsider the shots you take at deer. Losing them is not something to take lightly.
Old 01-23-2007, 11:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

thalt it mit have pass through from ahead of the heart out the chest or it hit the opposite shoulder. this well be the first deer not recovered i am a great shot. love this sport!
I can see this was a humbling experience.

Quick Reply: wounded doe

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.