Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mathews Feathermax?

Old 01-21-2007, 11:15 AM

Default Mathews Feathermax?

My bro bought me a mathews feathermax about 5 years ago now out of a newspaper add and gave it to me for my b-day. I understand this is not the "latest" technology but i haven't shot anything else so i know no different. It is a bugger todraw for those who are not use to it but i draw it fine and shoot well with it because i have used it so much. I was just wondering if any of you have owned this bow in the past and what were your experiences? I never see any talk about them on here i guess cause they are an older model but for those who used this bow what did you think of it?
Old 01-21-2007, 12:21 PM

Default RE: Mathews Feathermax?

I used to work with a guy that had one. I thought it was a pretty nice bow for the time. Should be a great bow providing it fits you. Not the fastest bows on the planet, but they shoot nice.

My all time favorite bow from mathews was the MQ32. What a sweet little bow that was.

Paul
Old 01-21-2007, 07:41 PM
Typical Buck

Yea I still shoot may feathermax. Simple killing Machien I love it. I don'[t think I'll ever sell it. Its killed a ton of big game. and gotten me in the books. It would be like cheeting on the wife to get rid of this bow. Enjoy yours.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

GREAT pics, Rich!!!!

I thought it was a pretty nice bow for the time.
Yep, one of Mathews' good ones, for sure. The Feathermax, Ultramax, MQ-32, and MQ-1 from that era were all very nice bows. I think you'd be amazed at the difference in lack of vibration and "kick" as well as the speed gains over the last 10 years or so, but those still are nice bows and will get the job done, that's for sure.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:58 PM

Awesome pic rich, looks like you are havin some fun there. My bro got an ultramax and a feathermax. I used the ultra till a small surface crack on the limb started to form last year, then he gave me his other mathews cause he never used it at all. Between the 2 in 5 yearsI have taken 5 elk and a deer this year.Was curious if anyone was shootin the same as me, good to see. congrats on your critters.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:35 PM
Typical Buck

Great thing about that limb crack is he just needs to send it back to mathews and they will send him a new set of limbs . they only charge for the shipping. I totaly rebuilt mine for 43 bucks 2 years ago. As long as I can get parts for her she'[ll be my back up. (I switched to a recurve just because I want to take an elk with a stick bow) My son however just got a new Guardian