Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rests..

Old 01-21-2007, 05:18 PM

Default RE: Rests..

Ok. Now I have a Wiskerbisket and hate it! To much noise, slows down the arrow, ect.
So over the offseason I will definatly get a new rest and was wondering if you guys could tell me what would be a nice one to get. (look at my Signature to see what bow I got) also mabye get me a new quiver
SH, I just went from a fall away to a WB. On another forum here, it was mentioned that those particular arrows lead to noise.It's the finish on arrows thatcausethe noise. I shoot Easton Axis ST, w/no noise.Take a look @ the forum listed as dropaway orWB on the first page in Bowhunting section.Be sure that it is set up correctly, that the arrow isn't too tight in the biscuit. Also, try putting a swipe of silicone on your arrow.That comes from their website, try it out before letting it go.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:28 PM

I've heard a lot of good things about that ripcord rest. May have to check that out for my new bow.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Trophy Ridge Drop Zone, Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter, Muzzy Zero Effect!!!!
Old 01-21-2007, 08:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

This is the rest I would reccomend.
It is the quietest rest I have ever seen or NOT heard.It is quiet on the draw and the shot.It also a full contaiment style rest and will recapture the arrow if you need to let down for any reason.

It is the Vital Drop or the Kaz Away by Vital Bow Gear.Check out their video. www.vitalbowgear.com

Old 01-21-2007, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can't figure out everybody talking about the WB being noisy. I switched from a drop-away to the WB and it isn't any noisier.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:22 AM
Fork Horn

WOW

Here I thought it would be an easy thing to do. GO on this site, search the posts on preferred rests and get it down to one or two rests. Not I have it narrowed down to about 5. I think I am leaning towards the WB, but????? I have Gold Tip (5575??) carbons with vanes. If I go to the WB, should I switch to Blazer vanes? WHere to buy them, at that time should I use a wrap and revane? What costs are involved in being able to do yourself? Don't mean to steal the thread, but it seems like I have more questions, the more I read. By the way, I shoot a Reflex Bighorn 70#. i really like it, it's quiet now. I was thinking about going with a (can't think of the name) rubber string stopper. I have the rear cable guard, but saw one that attached to that with an offset for the string. REcommended??
Sryy about the hijacked post, just want to be ready for next year.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Buy a nice 2 prong rest from NAP or Cobra or others and spend the money you save on some good arrows. Why "buy" problems when you can keep it simple, quiteand effective.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:02 AM
Fork Horn

I am not unhappy with my 2 prong rest, I just have had the need to hold my arrow on the rest and it seems like the WB would take care of that.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:40 AM

Dandbuck, I just went from a fall away to a WB. Every rest has its pro/cons. Regarding your concern w/4" vanes. I read on a thread here that one guy puts a small amount of krazyglue on the very tip of his vanes & eliminates the vanes coming loose on the WB. If u want to switch vanes, the 2" Blazers are recommended. I have those on my Easton Axis ST's. On the WB website, they recommend swiping some arrows w/silicone to quiet them down. Go to their website, it may answer some of your questions. No doubt that the WB has great arrow containment. I 2 went from a 2-prong, to fall-away, to a WB. I am 1 of those people that likes to constantly look in2 new innovations for archery. Sometimes these improvements work/sometimes they don't. Don't know unless u try. I read a lot of the threads here, & am willing to try out a product, as long as it's reasonable. Currently I will be adding a custon css made by MeanV. I read some very positive reviews on some threads & hopefully it will improve my bow.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:51 AM
Fork Horn

I too read of the custom CSS from Meanv. With my bow I did not see how to do and and then I noticed on a Drury outdoors tape that someone had one like I described, attached to the rear cable guard with an offset. Does Meanv make one like that?, I will have to check. Thanks for the reply!
dandbuck