Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Most influential person in archery today

Old 01-23-2007, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Most influential person in archery today

But you do, and believe it or not, it usually is just the average Joe. Look to your State Bowhunting Organizations,thats what thay are for. Each and every one should have a Rep at any type of DNR or State meeting that hasanything Bowhunting related, or were any proposal may come up that will affect the Bowhunter. On the National watchdog level you have the NRA, SCI, P&Y, PBS, and IBO. Luckily we have never had a need for a National Rep in DC, but it's only because a Bow is a inconvenient weapon to shoot a School up, or rob a liquor store with! PETA attacks on the State level. That's why it's important to belong to not only your State Bowhunting Organization, But your local one as well, to support the State one. Strength is in number's! If we ever do need a National Spokesperson, I have a long list of Bowhunters to chose from, Jim Dougherty, Chuck Adams, Fred Eichler, and so on ...Ted and Tred ain't on it!
Old 01-23-2007, 05:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: atlasman

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

So in order for us to have a voice, we need a spokesperson.

In a way we have one, but because the majority doesn't favor this person, he isn't exactly what we need.

Its too bad I hate speaking in front of an audience.
You can't please everyone.........that is the beauty of Nugent. He doesn't care what anyone else thinks.

I can't stand listening to people speak that make it blatantly obvious that they have no opinions of their own and are just riding the fence trying to please both sides.
So President NRA is a fence sitter? He gets his message out without acting like a 2 year old.

Is it too much to ask for a leader with some manners?

So when did fair debate become a bad thing? Just put the facts on the table, explain with a little logic.

I have done it three times now locally, and guess what I wipe the floor with them. Dan one thing I have learned in my 35 years of life, you need to know when to take a step back and let your oppent fall on his face.

I am sorry but when you go in with gun blazing at full speed you miss the chance to do so.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:55 PM

ORIGINAL: Germ

So President NRA is a fence sitter?
I thought we were discussing archery. (Do you mean The President of the NRA?)

He gets his message out without acting like a 2 year old.
He also has no problem with being associated with Nugent.

Is it too much to ask for a leader with some manners?
Depends who he is dealing with. I personally don't care if the leaders of the USA practice good manners when dealing with a terrorist.

So when did fair debate become a bad thing? Just put the facts on the table, explain with a little logic.
Agreed.

I am sorry but when you go in with gun blazing at full speed you miss the chance to do so.
Only if you are out of control............I readily admit that few people are able to stay in control during such rants though.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:22 PM

ORIGINAL: Germ

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

ORIGINAL: isatarak

No one has mentioned Jackie Bushwhacker.
Can he shot a bow?
Yes he can, but it appears he can not havemake babieslike Ted

I have thought about this a lot. If we leave Ted Nugent to carry our torch, well we are in trouble.

I would take a southern Gentleman like Jackie Bushman over Ted anyday of the week.

Does nottake too much smarts to yell and scream like a nut job.

The #1 problem with Ted is why he is busy actling like a 2 year old the message he is trying to comunicateis lost. Does Ted know what he is talking about, Yes.Do we as a group pay attention to his babble? I have met the man 3 times, and sad to say I am just not impressed.

There is a very BIG reason whyJim& Richard(D-i-c-k) Cabela did not want him performing at their stores. Think about it, at 1 point the largest hunting retailstore was 50 miles fromwhere Ted lived. He was never once invited to preform, speak, or even standin the store. How influential can he be?
I can obviously see that you personally don't like him, but he is definately influential to a ton of people, particularly young archers. I think that the reason many people don't care for him is because they are intimidated. Not physically, but more mentally. He is a new type than most professional archers and he has quite obviously helped our world of hunting in a very positive way, no matter what poeple think of the way he acts on his television show. I was born in Ann Arbor, Michigan and lived in Chelsea for many years, so I know and still know many people that see him very often. My parents used to see them all the time at the Common Grill in Chelsea and they said that he is extremely down to earth, as well as his wife. The truth is he is influencing many youth today and, as I said before, has a very posotive influence in the archery world. The way he acts is more of a tv personality used to entice people to participate in groups such as Hunter for the Hungry, NRA, WTF, and other hunting organizations. (I am not saying that he does not act like that in regular life, which he does, just not to that extreme). Those of you who talk about his babies and everything, that is just low. That has nothing to do with him as a hunting influence and just a mistake that he made, like all of us. And I know for a fact that he loves his family more than anything and would never give it up for anything.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't read your post washington hunter about ted nugent dabate, due to the fact that germ's was right above yours and I quoted it prior to reading yours. However, I am leaving on a count of it totally pertains to influential people and backing up the fact that Ted Nugent is in fact an extremely influential person.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

I thought we were discussing archery. (Do you mean The President of the NRA?)
We are, I was using the NRA as example. Wayne leads and gets his point across with out acting like an idiot.

Depends who he is dealing with. I personally don't care if the leaders of the USA practice good manners when dealing with a terrorist.
I thought we were talking about Archery Leaders[:-], but this is one area I know Uncle Ted can handle

He also has no problem with being associated with Nugent.
Sure he brings in money, LOL

I readily admit that few people are able to stay in control during such rants though.
We agree again!!![8D]