Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Most influential person in archery today

Old 01-23-2007, 09:33 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Most influential person in archery today

My dear ol Dad, and all the little people who put us into the place to do, what we love to do. (But I do have to say with respect without Mr. Fred Bear you might not see some of the names of today.) Thats just what I think.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:40 PM

i dont think it is the famous people that are bieng mentioned in here. i think that it is who you want it to be, who got you into the sport, who your hunting buddys are. people like that. most peoples hunting buddys arent ted nugent, fread bear, or jackie bushman. mine is my grandpa cause he got me into the sport and now hes getting up there and has been through prostate cancer and i told him that since he got me obsessed with this sport i was gonna take him with me whenever he wants to. i think its just who is most important to you bieng in the sport.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:43 PM

Perhaps I should have been more specific in my request.

By most influential I meant the person or persons who have the most influence when it comes to the politics related to our sport, the big things that are happening in the industry, etc.

Joe Blow Hunting Buddy doesn't have any real influence as far as that goes. Sure, he can step up to the plate and put in some elbow grease and become influential, but 99% of people won't do that.

The people reading/responding on this forum are in the same boat. Granted, we've all got a wealth of information to share, but how is that helping our sport in Washington (DC) and in the industry in general?
Old 01-23-2007, 03:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

By most influential I meant the person or persons who have the most influence when it comes to the politics related to our sport, the big things that are happening in the industry, etc.

Joe Blow Hunting Buddy doesn't have any real influence as far as that goes. Sure, he can step up to the plate and put in some elbow grease and become influential, but 99% of people won't do that.

The people reading/responding on this forum are in the same boat. Granted, we've all got a wealth of information to share, but how is that helping our sport in Washington (DC) and in the industry in general?
For the the love of god make up your mind, LOL

When you put it that way I see a BIG problem, we do not have a voice!!

Old 01-23-2007, 03:05 PM

ORIGINAL: Germ

What is it that keeps us from having a voice though?
Old 01-23-2007, 03:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Germ

What is it that keeps us from having a voice though?
We do not have "a guy" we all get behind, which is a huge issue. Say what you want about PETA and the ARA, but they all get behind their captains. Same goes for the NRA, when Wayne speaks they listen.

Closes we have is a person I will not mention. 50% love him, the other 50 do not. I for one would get behind him, if he would speak with more maturity and grace.

Dan you may have just open some eye's

Old 01-23-2007, 03:12 PM

So in order for us to have a voice, we need a spokesperson.

In a way we have one, but because the majority doesn't favor this person, he isn't exactly what we need.

Its too bad I hate speaking in front of an audience.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

In a way we have one, but because the majority doesn't favor this person, he isn't exactly what we need.

You got it!!

Old 01-23-2007, 05:05 PM

You can't please everyone.........that is the beauty of Nugent. He doesn't care what anyone else thinks.

I can't stand listening to people speak that make it blatantly obvious that they have no opinions of their own and are just riding the fence trying to please both sides.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:10 PM

I agree, Atlas. I can't stand fence riders and people who can't form their own opinions. Its one of the reasons I don't watch the news as often as I used to.

Quick Reply: Most influential person in archery today

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.