Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Most influential person in archery today

Old 01-22-2007, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Most influential person in archery today

Me.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes honey I know that they are beautiful but I am watching for the girls!I am going to try that to see if it works.
Only kidding!
Old 01-22-2007, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

well really to me i do not think that anyone is becuase i have not heard of many people. I do not look for people that have written books on archery our anything,i just shot and hunt.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another vote for Uncle Ted , he has reached out to the hunting and nonhunting comunities , you may not like him or his attitude but he is a major voice for hunters .

To archery in general , M R James , The Wilds , and Chuck Adams [more to hunting] all come to mind .
Old 01-22-2007, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not to suck up to the great folks that run this forum, but how about the all the folks here at huntingnet.com and archerytalk.com? If you think about it, these sites have contributed to both our sharing ofinformation and our impulse to purchase products, in a positive sense. If someone takes a world class animal, it's not long before our emails are flooded by friends with pics and stories.Information and the internet have revolutionized our sport in the past 3-5 years.

Hunters that jump to mind would be Chuck Adams, the Drurys, and Warren Strickland, who is Vice President of Pope and Young, TV personality and great spokesperson for the sport. I've talked to Warren and his goals and plans to have the Pope and Young organization mean more than a record book would surprise most of us and is on course with a lot of opinion of folks in this forum, which might surprise most of us and change popular opinion of the club. Not to knock Ted, in my opinion he has done a lot for the public image of our sport, mostly toward the positive.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

ORIGINAL: Germ

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

Warning*

Do not let this turn into a Ted Nugent debate thread. If this happens I will request that it be closed immediately.

I appreciate the replies so far.
Ok Mod Dan

[/align]

[/align]For the record I was defending Jackie Bushman

[/align]

[/align]Who was invited to Cabela's, I forgot to add that at the end

[/align]

I don't mind when other people's threads turn into trash arguments, but not mine.

Moderator of the Face paint has spoken ok sry sry couldnt resist jk but i would have to say all of the local proshop owners. mine looks at someone in the store buying a work jacket or botts and brings them in the back to shoot a bow and shoot the breeze and it seems to get people involved ecspecially gun hunters they love teh season addition
Old 01-22-2007, 09:40 PM

ORIGINAL: kcison

Not to suck up to the great folks that run this forum, but how about the all the folks here at huntingnet.com and archerytalk.com? If you think about it, these sites have contributed to both our sharing ofinformation and our impulse to purchase products, in a positive sense. If someone takes a world class animal, it's not long before our emails are flooded by friends with pics and stories.Information and the internet have revolutionized our sport in the past 3-5 years.
There are about 150,000 members of those 2 sites combined.......the percentage of which that are active participants is MUCH lower I am sure. Now just think about the number of bowhunters in the world........and then add in all the archers that don't hunt.

The information available on the net is great and so are these 2 sites and they certainly influence those they touch.........the internet makes the list for sure but I wouldn't put it at the top.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:42 PM

ORIGINAL: kcison

Warren Strickland, who is Vice President of Pope and Young, TV personality and great spokesperson for the sport. I've talked to Warren and his goals and plans to have the Pope and Young organization mean more than a record book would surprise most of us and is on course with a lot of opinion of folks in this forum, which might surprise most of us and change popular opinion of the club.

Care to elaborate?
Old 01-23-2007, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sure Atlas, although I don't want to get off on a tangent on Washington's thread. And for the record, I was just sharing my opinion on the Internet. It influences a lot of bowhunters in the way we hunt, sharing of information and again basis for many purchases that we make, it's just an opinion instead of pinpoint any specific individual.

For the record and again not to be confortational, I'm a supportor of the Pope and Young club. Since they recently went through some changes in leadership and I've had the pleasure of talking to Warren, I feel that the club's direction is to take a more active role in defending bowhunting to the anti-hunting contingent in our country as well as eduction of young people of the joy of the sport, along with their long history of conservation efforts. It's more than a record program and establishing restrictions to getting into the books, as many people may think. It's a small part of what they do. I personally feel that in the near future, we'll see them speaking out nationally against regulation and topics that would effect our way of life in a negative manner and again help promote the sport. Pope and Young is one of the most recognizable names in archery, whether you may agree with everything they do or not and I think it would be refreshing to see them be a little more active with topics that we as the true bowhunting community feel are important. And to me, it nice to see individuals that truly stand for the sport in a position to influence the direction. That's all I really meant. Only time will tell if they will. Thanks.

Kelly
Old 01-23-2007, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very well stated kcison. The Pope & Young Club, although I do not agree with everything they do, does more for this sport than they are often given credit for. Do they keep records of and define a "trophy"? Yes. However, their main focus and the #1 goal of the organizationisdefending bowhunting and the continued success of bowhunting.

Quick Reply: Most influential person in archery today

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.