Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Most influential person in archery today

Old 01-21-2007, 09:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Most influential person in archery today

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

Warning*

Do not let this turn into a Ted Nugent debate thread. If this happens I will request that it be closed immediately.

I appreciate the replies so far.
Ok Mod Dan
[/align][/align]For the record I was defending Jackie Bushman[/align][/align]Who was invited to Cabela's, I forgot to add that at the end[/align]
Old 01-21-2007, 09:37 PM

ORIGINAL: Germ

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

Warning*

Do not let this turn into a Ted Nugent debate thread. If this happens I will request that it be closed immediately.

I appreciate the replies so far.
Ok Mod Dan

[/align]
[/align]For the record I was defending Jackie Bushman
[/align]
[/align]Who was invited to Cabela's, I forgot to add that at the end
[/align]

I don't mind when other people's threads turn into trash arguments, but not mine.

Old 01-21-2007, 11:02 PM

ME because I myself the most profesional bow hunter dan murphy my names dan to hi dan actually the most.actually to answer your q??? it is the owner of the archery shop{www.wapitiarchery.com} that showed me everything next people on forums www.huntingnet.com
Old 01-21-2007, 11:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Queen of the forest, Lord of the Loins, and Backstrap Bonanza King, Throb at the Knob, Whack em and Stack em, Kill em and Grill em, Pat my own Back,My way or the Highway,Paint my face Red, "I hope it ain't Ted or Tred" Sorry WH, I could not help myself, If your talking about people that have made an impact on this sport and have made a good living at it, I would say Tom Jennings! Now if your talking non profit influential type people, It is theParents that spends the time and money to get a kid started, you know the one's that were just as happy as you were, to see you get your first Bull's eye!The guy down the road that givessomeone his old bow, Its the person that taught you,that practice does not make perfict, Perfect practice makes perfect. The list goes on and on. It is not the manufactures or TV Pro's that are the most Influential, But the individual, who actualy put's back what thay have gotten out Bowhunting!!
Old 01-22-2007, 04:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

My vote is for Mathews archery ... they set the mark, causing other bow manufacturers to meet, or in some peoples opinion, exceed what we ever thought could be achieved in archery today. Think about the awsome bow companies out there today .....

Just my thought ...
Old 01-22-2007, 06:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think Jackie Bushman has got to get some credit. He was the 1st person I can remember that made hunting shows main stream, and the Nuge, whether Dan wants us to debate him or not, has to be considered. I would say those 2 guys have had the largest influences on HUNTING. Now despite not really ever being a fan, Matthews bows do seem to me like they set off a big technology spurt in the bow making world.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:41 AM
Dominant Buck

You're all overlooking the most obviuos person in most of our worlds. I can't believe ya'll would leave him out. He influences new bowhunters daily, hourly, by the minute folks.... I give you
JUSTIN.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good Question. It's hard to say mainly because there isn't anyone as recognizable or influencial as in the past, like Fred Bear. But I would say Uncle Ted would be the most infuencial today. Regardless if you like him or not, or think he is good or badfor hunting, he has the most influence (in all aspects) to hunting.

For example, go up to a non-hunter and start giving names of the top 10 infuencial Archery people of today. I'd bet you that the most recognized name is Ted Nugent, over all other "current"influencial hunter namescombined.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:14 AM
Typical Buck

M.R. James gets my vote.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:20 AM
Fork Horn

There's probably only a few on T.V. that I would consider. Most shows are for entertainment and really don't teach you anything.

Of course I'm going to say my dad. But there are so many that could be brought up on this post. Ann Clark, Jim Easton, M.R. James, Pete Shepley, Chuck Adams, Ted Nugent, Fred Eichler. It all depends on the field we are talking about. These are all great people that I have spent time with and know how they are away from the spotlight.

MC

Quick Reply: Most influential person in archery today

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.