Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Any input on my property?

Old 01-19-2007, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Any input on my property?

I should have explained myself better. A deer's diet will consist of many differant items in a day. I see youhave some open areas. Let say they start with the acorns where do they go after that? You have a lot of funnels which they will move through to get from one food source to another or bedding area's.And Maybe try and find a creek crossing. Good Luck
Old 01-19-2007, 07:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Also, what are the slashes you drew in on the second map at the north central funnel?
Old 01-19-2007, 07:39 PM

It looks like you have enough ground to put ina few food plots. That will change there feeding habits/routine and hopefully provide you with more opportunities to take heavier deer with bigger racks, in theory.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:44 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

Here is what I see.....

Orange- Looks like you could take advantage of the ridge top that comes from the southwest, where the ravine points out at it's most northern point and the thin strip on the east of the ravine between it and the open field.

Brown- Is a spot you already had marked it is an obvious funnel connecting the two wood lots.

Red- Appears to be a perfect intersection of two choke points. I can't see a deer slipping by you there.

Blue- The blue spot looks like a great terrain feature to hunt as well. You have the field coming down to a point from the north with a draw / hollow stretching from the NE all the way down to the SE. Looks like anything wanting to work the rising thermals would have to take this route through there.

Pink- Again a spot you already had marked. You have that hedge row running out to your west then to northwest as well as the pinch point cause by what appears to be a pond/swamp/gully to the southeast of the setup.

Sure, make it tough on the color blind guy, you SOBs!
Old 01-22-2007, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

Also, what are the slashes you drew in on the second map at the north central funnel?
I was going to try to show the lay of the land a little better. That clearing is actually a ridge that's been cleared off. It falls off into the bottom below and the green lines were to show how it falls off. I got kind of side tracked on the other info. Guys, I appreciate all the info and suggestions and I hope to try them next season.

Also, Cougars09 the land is approx 400 acres. I have a couple of other tracts that are 120 and 350 acres but don't hunt them as much.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like it and it looks like good land.