Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My buddy is still alive.

Old 01-19-2007, 02:15 PM

Default RE: My buddy is still alive.

Some of you newbies need to chill out.... Atlas posted pics of buck in his yard, leave it at that.... Stop trying to draw him into a pissing match.....

You know who you are.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: atlasman
My friends cousin shot a big 9 pointer in his yard wearing Sponge Bob boxer shorts...
hey atlas ...... how did the deer get in Sponge Bob boxer shorts?????
Old 01-19-2007, 02:33 PM

ORIGINAL: shed33

Smart buck in his choices of placesto live.Hopefully no one poaches him for his headgear. He's a beauty Atlas.
That was my fear..........if I ever found out someone did that I would go postal.

I have three bucks that fed in my yard from August to Oct this fall. I couldn't imagine shooting one, it would be like killing a pet.
Exactly.

I purposely scared them off during hunting season just to educate them a bit. They picked up on it fast and began only showing up well after dark..
I do my best to make the deer in my yard keep a respectful distance..............they are still very alert and aware........like I said, this guy gave me a few foot stomps and I practically helped raise the little ingrate
Old 01-19-2007, 02:34 PM

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

ORIGINAL: atlasman
My friends cousin shot a big 9 pointer in his yard wearing Sponge Bob boxer shorts...
hey atlas ...... how did the deer get in Sponge Bob boxer shorts?????

Old 01-19-2007, 02:38 PM
Fork Horn

Cool picks!!
Not everyone is lucky enough to have A yard where you can see something like that.
Take lots of pics of him for your enjoyment when he is no longer living.

MC
Old 01-19-2007, 02:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

[blockquote]quote:

I have three bucks that fed in my yard from August to Oct this fall. I couldn't imagine shooting one, it would be like killing a pet. [/blockquote]

Exactly.
Our neighbor at our cabin in Northen MI fed the deer during the summer. State land across from the cabins so legal to hunt. She ask my Grampa not to hunt across the street. Grampa went out opening day and shot the fork horn that was her "pet", skinned and process it in the front yard. Looked at me and said, there are no pets, LOL

Sorry but saying a deer is a "pet" is just not right. They are a wild animal, Atlas is smart enough to keep his distance, but I believe it was last year a man in NY was killed by one of these "pets".

Treating a deer like a friend/Pet is just not right, and plays right into the ARA hands.

Yes enjoy and respect a deer, but a deer can not be a friend/Pet, a deer has no capacity to do so.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:51 PM

ORIGINAL: Germ

Sorry but saying a deer is a "pet" is just not right. They are a wild animal

He didn't say it "was" a pet...........he said they were "like" pets.

Atlas is smart enough to keep his distance, but I believe it was last year a man in NY was killed by one of these "pets".
I think he got killed in a deer farm pen during the rut......but yea, seriously...........keeping them at a safe distance is not just for their benefit.

Yes enjoy and respect a deer, but a deer can not be a friend, a deer has no capacity to do so.
Well the phrase "trusting relationship" doesn't sound as good as "buddy"
Old 01-19-2007, 02:52 PM
Fork Horn

Great pointGerm!

MC
Old 01-19-2007, 02:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well the phrase "trusting relationship" doesn't sound as good as "buddy"
yes, if you come between him and his doe's during the rut your going to find out what a good buddy this deer can be.[8D]

The gentleman was older man and was killed by "like pet" deer in NY it was not in a deer farm. Not sayingI am right or you guys are wrong. We should always remember these deer are wild animals. Great pics he is a dandy
Old 01-19-2007, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

oh no, I see where this is going.

I still think that is awesome that

1) you have the opportunity to see then animals in your hard

2) the you respect the animal to the point where you don't care to take him. It says a lot.

Quick Reply: My buddy is still alive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.